“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District

You added Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Yamacraw Village)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #62 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
atlanta
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We have stayed here many times. It is close to river st and city market. We always cheap out of valet and park on the streets but we will not do that anymore. We had our bikes on our bike rack on the back of our car and someone stole them while we walked across the street to eat lunch. The hotel is next to a very bad neighborhood. We would stay here again but will use valet! The pool is on the roof and nice. The workout room is minimal. The room was nice. All the staff was awesome!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear lola20,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so sorry to hear about your bikes being stolen, that is awful. We are, however, pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope you do come back and stay with us the next time you are in Savannah.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Turkish first
Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Let me start off by saying that MOST of the staff was extremely friendly, and the lady that made sure I had chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday went way over the top!

However, when we arrived to the hotel we were met by a room with ONE double bed (there were three of us), and when we went down to correct the mistake we were informed that they were overbooked and that we would only be accommodated with a roll away bed and we would be placed in a new room as soon as possible....We checked out as planned on Sunday, never having been moved to a new room. They didn't even so much as offer free parking for THEIR mistake. Needless to say, I won't be returning to that hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear DanielleJordan,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are glad you found our staff to be helpful but we do apologize that we were not able to deliver with the room type you requested. I have taken your feedback to our team so that this does not happen in the future. We hope you decide to give us another chance when you are in the area again.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I pondered this place, just up the road from another competitor, citing the advertised services at the cost of dismissed amenities, I succumb to this abode. Let the nightmare begin!
I called ahead, by six days to ensure a few benefits to my companion, who was celebrating her birthday. The front desk clerk must have gotten up from her sleep with a stale taste her mouth, for it continued on into the phone conversation I encountered. This incident ushered me into the reception of the requested assistant manager, who was only too considerate to dismiss my simply request; present a note of “Happy Birthday” and a few options to celebrate it there in Savannah.
By Thurs, just two days before the due date, I was yet to receive the promised E-mail, with the suggestions, triggering me to call, once again asking for the assistance. The consigner, (Who by the way is a contracted service) stopped me cold in my request and informed show of her ignorance regarding my earlier, solicited requests and asked for a reprieve from my incendiary remarks; I obliged.
Within a half hour IZ received a phone call with some helpful suggestions, all of which I would need to reserve.
Once we arrived, there was a loud ruckus within the area; a large ‘family reunion’ were “whooping it up! The clerk apologized for her inabilities, citing “I do not work in this area,” After the delay, the room was sparse, basic amenities, but two free bottles of H2O. The room, however, comes with only one ticket for breakfast, I guest I would need to fork over @12.00 for another, my companion being honored.
At check out the young, frumpy, man in a rather crumpled shirt assisted me in my exit. It is obvious no one checked to see how he was dressed.
In short, save your money…there are better and cheaper options. Never Again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shooster365,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have taken your helpful feedback to our teams so that we can improve our processes on our end.
Inez, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent staff. They were all very helpful and didn't hesitate to help with any questions we had about Savannah. The housekeeping staff, especially Miss D, were great. The front desk made us feel at home and a couple of people working there are from Boston and knew exactly where I used to live, which was pretty cool. The Best Brews complimentary meal on Wednesday evening at the restaurant on the first floor was good. We weren't fans of the beer, but it was free! I HIGHLY recommend whatever that pink lemonade drink was. It was delicious. Our room had a refrigerator and the beds were so comfortable that I'm pretty sure that we spend most of a day in the bed. We slept so well there. They served hot dogs and we had salad with what I consider the best bleu cheese dressing evArrr!!! The pool was a little small, but it had a lovely view, and the complimentary bottled water was a nice touch. I would recommend this hotel! We had a great view of the city and could see a pretty church steeple lit up at night.

Dear Natalie A,

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all our features and amenities. We to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Pleasantville, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Spent 3 nights here recently on a family trip to Savannah. Our room had the basic amenities and a larger than average bathroom (that needs modernizing). The staff we met were all pleasant and helpful - those at the front desk, the concierge and the valet parking staff. They handled everything very efficiently. One great advantage here is the location - just a short hop to City Market, the restaurants on River Street and the historic district. A good choice if you don't need luxuries.

Dear MJMH,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and enjoyed our staff and location. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Room was very large, clean and comfortable (210/night). Staff very pleasant and responsive. We were on the 9th floor but had a view of the parking lot and side of a building so would suggest asking for a nicer room with a better view. Suggest calling the hotel directly rather than using Expedia, better chance of getting nicer view. Breakfast (not complimentary) was a disappointment. I had scrambled eggs on a croissant . The croissant was burnt and the eggs were not scrambled as indicated on the menu, but seemed to be microwaved patty, very dry and overlooked. Would not recommend it. My friend had a burrito which was a bit better. Much better places for breakfast, ie, Early Girl restaurant, fun and popular place. Fitness center was poor, not much there. Reasonable walk into town about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for unobstructed mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Lanceman,

Thank you for your commenting on your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and your overall stay. We were dissapointed to hear that your breakfast did not meet your expectations. We hope you give us another chance the next time you are in the area.
Twin Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Close to the river-walking distance to most of Savannah's highlights. The concierge suggested an on and off tour bus and got us two days for the price of one. The bus stopped right outside our hotel. We had three drivers, one was excellent the other two were OK.
The pool was small but very nice. the service pretty good, free parking was available on the street, I opted for valet parking to be safe. $104 with tax for a weekday on Hotwire.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Larsmatic,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and found our staff to be helpful. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Been to Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!