“great location & gracious staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District

You added Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Yamacraw Village)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #65 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
florida
“great location & gracious staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

my wife & I did a weekend stay recently and enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and always seem to greet us. The room was comfortable, the bed was a little old but OK. Everything else in the room was clean. The location is awesome if you like to walk. We never used our car we were close to the river and all historic town areas.We parked right outside on the street to save the $15 a day parking fee. We would definitely come back to this hotel. Fresh coffee in the morning in the lobby was nice too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The pool was closed with no heat or ADA lift. The room carpet dirty and it looked as if a child tried to stain the furniture. The lamps had 3 different colored lights some with 100 watt old style bulbs. Great location just seems lacking proper funding for upkeep and repairs as would be expected in a Starwood Property.

• Stayed February 2013
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day visit to Savannah, Georgia. This hotel was wonderful. The professionalism and friendliness was very impressive to both my husband and me. We always felt very welcomed our whole stay. The concierge whose name I believe was Jeff, was so accomodating and so easy to work and talk with. If there would be one improvement would be the work out area. This hotel is too large to have only 2 machines and no weights. This hotel could go even further with a more decent work out area. I am a runner but due to circumstances, I needed to work out on the treadmll. I was never able to get on- only one. I highly commend the bartender on the nightFeb 11th. The weather was very rainey and my husband and I decided to stay in and eat at the hotel.The bartender was was the head honcho for both the bar and the restaurant. We did enjoy just relaxing at the bar when we were waiting on our dinner order. We had to wait quite a while due to the circumstances Found out later that there was only one chef who had been there for quite some time. I really felt for that chef too. I really commend the bartender for his professionalism with this situation. The food that evening was not good ; but I am thinking this was just one of those evenings.I highly reccomend this hotel for a stay. It is very convenient to the historic area. You do not even have to worry about ever getting into your car. It was awesome staff who will go out of thier way to accomodate you. My husband and I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night & left town thinking I had gotten a great deal - boy, was I wrong! A couple days after returning from my vacation in Savannah I checked my bank statement only to see that the hotel had charged me over $50.00 without any authorization. When I called to clear up the matter, sure that it was a simple mistake, the people repeatedly claimed that I had been informed of the hotel's policy of withdrawing that amount upon check-in. This was an outright lie - my husband and children were with me and the staff never said a word about it. On top of that, while trying to straighten out the situation my husband and I were repeatedly hung up on, the clerks refused to tell us their names when we asked, and any request for a manager was ignored or forwarded to a voice mail. Despite the great location and the (initially) friendly staff, it wasn't worth the stress or the overdraft fees I ended up having to pay because of their negligence and unprofessional attitudes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thomaston, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Four Point Sheraton is located at the edge of the historic district of Savannah, GA. We were welcomed at the desk by a cheerful staff person who quickly and competently processed our check-in. The valet service was also excellent. In fact the service part of the experience was fine in all respects. Although our room was OK and adequately cleaned the air smelled stale. Although the hotel is smoke free and has probably been cleaned thoroughly from past smokers, the stale smell of 100 years of past smoke and limited ventilation impacted the quality of the air. The air quality would definitely impact my decision to stay there in the future even though the hotel had many other fine qualities. I think this could be a fine property in Sheraton's portfolio with a bit of additional work.

Hiawassee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

wow...both friendly staff and cleanliness in one place!!! amazing.....
we had the best time ever in savannah and this hotel was a great part of that...
within walking distance of everywhere that we wanted to go..
all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful...
they were washing the outside of the room doors on the day we left...if that's not clean then i don't know what is....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in early January for 4 nights. We were welcomed by an attentive and extremely polite staff. Everyone from the valets to housekeeping and the front desk made us feel welcomed and special, really! The room was spacious and spotless. All the public spaces were bright and cheerful.
The location,on the edge of downtown was convenient, but away from the noisiest tourist areas. Everything was in walking distance, especially the nightlife district, so no need to call a cab or worst DWI!!
I would gladly recommend this property to those of you who go to the best town in Georgia.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!