“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District

You added Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Yamacraw Village)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #63 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Great location can walk every where and the beds are sooooo comfortable, clean room and spacious bathroom would definitely stay here again they have a nice pool and exercise room with a bar and restaurant

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Turkish first
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Four Points this past weekend. I can't really say one way or the other how the hotel was. I guess that completely depends on your expectations. In my opinion, it was a neutral stay. The employees were very nice, and I didn't really have to ask for much; however, I was taken back when we first arrived and found out that they only had valet parking. The room wasn't very big, but once again, this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. A plus side was that the hotel was within short walking distance to river street and other attractions.

Would I go back? Yeah; however, there are other hotels close by that I would check into staying at first.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
deci_arce, General Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear JustMe4991,
I truly am sorry that you were not "wowed" by our property. the staff are always trying to make our guests feel "home away from home" and enjoy their stay. As you mentioned we are close the River Street and City Market. Hope we see you next time you are in Savannah, as you will find all the hotel in the area will have valet parking fees.
Best Regards,
Deci
dfw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We had a very nice stay. The hotel was clean and the location was nice. (I would have preferred to stay closer to the historic, residential area.) the room was a little small, lacking some luxuries like cable tv. (no CNN) The bed was fine, i had read some negative reviews and was worried. The room was very musty the first 2 days but it was much better the last 2 days we were there, after I mentioned it to the front desk.

I would stay here again, just know that it's a basic hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear luckymom2boys,
Thank you for taking the time to write your response. We use these comments during our training sessions, and I will be sure to pass on your experience.
I hope that we will see you again the next time you are in Savannah.
Deci
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were able to book a AAA rate directly with this hotel for St Patrick's Day weekend - just over a year in advance. Because of this we got a room with 2 queen beds for just about $120/night, and knowing what prices people paid at other hotels when they booked an entire 10 months in advance, I'm glad we jumped on this deal :)

Though of course this hotel is a *bit* of a walk from the sights compared to those hotels right on the Riverwalk etc., it's very close to City Market and still just a few blocks from many of Savannah's other offerings. The room was a good size for a hotel in the downtown area of a city, and very comfortable as well. Common areas and room were spotless, hotel staff was very friendly and helpful - in general, everything about the stay was pleasant. The only [minor] issue we ran into was that our friends arrived on Friday night of St. Patrick's Day weekend and the hotel parking lot by that time was full. I'm just thankful that we hadn't been in and out in our own car and lost our parking space in doing so.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Wharton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton for 4 days and as a first time visitor to Savannah, I was happy we were there based on location. I must agree with all of the other reviews. I also looked out at a very shady looking parking lot and gas station. The staff was friendly and the conceirge was helpful.
If you walked out of the hotel to the right and crossed the street, 2 blocks down was the City Market. If you crossed the street and stayed to your left, about 6 blocks down is the River Walk. Lots of restaurants, bars and shops. I wouldn't advise you to stay on River Walk all the way back to the hotel, because it is a little schetchy and it eventually comes out by the gas station! Stay on Bay Ave. We walked all over town and took the free DOT bus.
The hotel lobby is very nice, but $10 for a breakfast buffet is not appropriate to charge guests. We walked down the street one morning and several of the other hotels had morning receptions. I would say this is a problem because there is no place near by to get a muffin or something light for breakfast.
I asked the housekeeper to put a top sheet over my blanket because it was very worn and had holes. The next day, they took it off and I had to request another sheet to cover the blanket. Look for parking on the side street. We found a spot and didn't move the car the entire 4 days we were there. The good thing about staying here is that the hotel is located just outside the busy streets and yet you are 1-2 blocks form the center of everything. PS. I left my camera in City Market while waiting for the DOT to arrive, and I went to the visitor center to see if it had been turned in. Two days later, I thought that maybe someone would have brought it into the gelato store, after all, I was speaking with 2 lovely ladies for a while waiting for the bus and the visitors center wasnt open at the time. Bless the kind soul that returned my camera and all the lovely memories I will share form Savannah!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We are Starwood Preferred Guests, so we are accustomed to wonderful treatment, and this hotel did not disappoint! This was our first trip to a Four Points and we weren't disappointed. We walked everywhere, and it was a great value. The gas station across the street seemed a little sketchy, but that didn't keep us from walking everywhere and thoroughly enjoying our weekend getaway. Savannah is a city steeped in history and southern hospitality, and the Four Points did its job in keeping with tradition.

• Stayed September 2012
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice, convenient hotel situated one block from the riverfront, two blocks from historic Savannah, and right in the center of SCAD buildings and downtown Savannah restaurants and shopping.

The good:
Service - every staff person at this hotel went above and beyond in attitude, helpfulness, and graciousness. Terrence (valet) was my favorite but all staff reminded me of why I love people in the south.

Room - clean with a GREAT AC - a real plus in humid, hot Savannah.

Room service - I've never seen prices this low on a room service menu.

The Not As Good:
Bedding - flat pillows and a synthetic bedspread. Starwood hotels know how to do beds right (Westin heavenly beds) - I just wish all their hotels had a little luxury in bedding.

The exercise room - or should we call it an exercise closet. Lame. Very lame. And while I was using the treadmill, a staff person came in and used the restroom attached to the workout room and another staff person came in and weighed himself. It felt more like an employee break room than an hotel guest exercise room.

No free breakfast - for the price of the room, I'm pretty sure we can find a hotel with a free breakfast close by.

I have stayed here three times so it obviously works for me, but I'll probably look around for another option next time I go to Savannah, just to see what else Savannah has to offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!