“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 111 hotels in Savannah
North Florida
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We actually stayed next door at the Hampton Inn and were directed to the American Grille inside the Hilton Garden Inn by the staff at Hampton. This little bistro is awesome!!! We were greeted at the lounge by Matt and taken very good care of. We will definitely be going back and will most likely stay here on our next trip to Savannah.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great place! Welcome was wonderful, very courteous. I asked for a top floor room and got what I asked for. I asked for an early check-in and they did all they could to assist me, with a call to check in early as I was driving six hours to this destination. Unfortunately, the walls are a bit thin, but don't know the staff could do anything about it. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, as it was close to everything, including a Starbucks!! Great place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gordonsville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The staff was super friendly at this hotel, but that may just be the typical southern hospitality. Regardless, when I return to Savannah, I will most likely book a room at this location. Close driving distance to the river front area in Savannah and Bonaventure Cemetery. I only had a short stop through Savannah, but with the location I was able to get in some quick site seeing. I plan to return to this beautiful town.

Room Tip: ask for a room down the hall from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The facility is very nice. I like HGI as a rule. The staff is real nice and hospitable. The restaurant is clean, prices are reasonable. Furniture is comfortable. Service is attentive. One major hickey, the food was cold. If the soup and sandwich ordered was at least warm, the experience would have received 5 stars. No one asked about the food, the waiter must have been late to work, the manager was attending to us until he showed up. 3 1/2 stars. We only had dinner, but stayed at the Hampton next door.

• Stayed February 2013
GM_HGI_Midtown, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine in at our on-site hotel restaurant. Your patronage means very much to us and we apologize for any cold food you received. An unsatisfactory dining experience is out of character for our staff and we will speak to our managers to rectify this situation. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Savannah and we invite you to dine with us again for an improved experience.

Bryan Cornelius
Richlands, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We enjoyed this stay. The hotel was very comfortable and the breakfast was great. The bathroom was slightly worn and had a few areas that could use more detailed cleaning, but overall the room was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vidalia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We arrived early afternoon and thankfully were allowed to check in early, even though we did not have reservations. We had a family member in the local hospital and it was extremely important to us to stay as close as possible in a clean hotel.

Upon arrival, we were pleased to find CLEAN grounds, especially being right on Abercorn which is a BUSY street! The parking is a little tight, perhaps having people who are staying near the front of the hotel park near the front and that would eliminate some of the people from having to lug all of their bags so far.
We were greeted by a friendly lady who was quick to help us.
We were able to put our things in our room and head back to the hospital quickly, this made for a pleasant afternoon not having to worry about people seeing bags in our vehicle and trying to break in to it for them.
The lobby is CLEAN and has ample seating... brought the feeling of being in a home setting.
The concierge was friendly and although we did not need her services, she seemed like she would have been nice to work with.
The hallways and elevators were fresh smelling and clean!
The room itself was AWESOME! I am a very hard to please person when it comes to cleanliness and this place was CLEAN from top to bottom!!!

I want to mention that when we were leaving I noticed that the shower curtains and the bed cover is changed daily, along with the sheets and linens in the bathroom. IMPRESSIVE! If you have stayed in enough hotels and watch, most places only change the sheets and towels.

We have shared our experience with all of our family and friends and will continue to. I just cannot say enough good things about this place!!!

Room Tip: This place is great. We stayed on the second floor with our window somewhat facing Abercorn and ther...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before, but I was very impressed with the hotel and service. For the price, I think it is a very good deal. And not just because of the price really. I am rather snobby about my hotel choices and have no complaints about my stay! Very clean and the beds had good quality (soft and comfy) bedding. In good area-close to everything. Very nice and helpful staff in all areas of the hotel. Heated pool! River Street is about 30 minutes away, but you get there very easily - direclty down one street almost the entire trip. Check out Tybee Island. We visited the lighthouse where we got some great views and history. The hotel is next to a Fresh Market and across the street you can find Publix, Cold Stone, Bonefish Grille, Five Guys, and Atlanta Bread Company in a nice, new, clean shopping center.

Room Tip: Only the King beds have the sleep number dial options but we stayed in room without that option and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!