“Worst customer service ive ever experienced.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25% Book Early
Ranked #24 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“Worst customer service ive ever experienced.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We booked a king room for four nights for our honeymoom and when we called to confirm our reservation the day of, they wanted to raise the price we were quoted the first time because they entered the room for one adult instead of two. We asked to speak to the general manager and the call was transfered but no answer so we left a message. This happened four times in the span of four hours with no returned call. In the meantime, we found another hotel because we were so dissatisfied with the service. We called Hilton back to cancel reservations and the desk clerk informed us that the general manager, Brian, had waived the extra cost but he didnt have the courtesy to call us back himself. We told her we still wanted to cancel because of the horrible service, and she said she would have to charge us the price of one night's stay. We asked to speak to the general manager, we were transferred, to only get his voicemail once again.

• Stayed October 2012
Danielle V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
I can completely understand any frustration felt when trying to confirm your reservation and it had been booked for only one adult instead of two and then wanting to talk to me and getting my voicemail. I assure you I do my best to get back in contact with everyone in a timely manor. On that particular day I was out of the office and unable to give you a call back however the guest service agent did contact me for approval of the rate change. I also understand our front desk manager contacted you to ensure everything was taken care of and that you didn't need assistance with anything else. Our apologies for any delay in response and hope you will give us another change next time you are in Savannah.

Bryan Cornelius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Spokane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had a poor stay at this property a few months ago, but figured any property can have a bad day. My second stay was so incredibly disappointing that I checked-out within an hour of checking-in. In my 5 years of being a Diamond, this is the first time I have ever walked out of a Hilton affiliated property.

The biggest problem is the indifferent & apathetic employees. Due to allergies, I note a few requests always on the comments section when making a reservation. The front desk person told me that she NEVER reads them. She also put me in a two queen room, when I booked a King. The latter isn't the end of the world, but the fact that she doesn't read comments is unacceptable. A professional front desk worker should immediately realize the mistake and at least be diligent to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, the thought never crossed her mind, nor did she care.

In addition, the Wi-Fi was acting up and when i inquired about this issue, I was informed that it was all my fault. Working for a high tech company, I'm fully aware of how internet connectivity works, and politely suggested they reboot their modem/router. Of course this suggestion was ridiculed and ignored

After my previous disappointing stay, and all the attitude for the first hour of this stay, I had enough and asked the front desk person to move me to the nearby Homewood Suites. After waiting 10 minutes, I called the Homewood Suites who said no one from HGI called. So I moved myself. I checked out of the HGI and told them why i was leaving, yet, they had the audacity to charge me. Who cares if HGI has a "satisfaction guarantee or you don't pay policy" http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/about/promise.html

It took me a week to get the very apologetic (and new) manager to reverse the charge.

One the positive note: the new manager seemed to be quite cognizant of the numerous problems at the property and vowed to have them remedied.

Until this place substantially cleans up its act, recommend business travelers look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

You were treated in no way that reflected the level of customer satisfaction that you deserve. As a Diamond member and loyal Hilton guest, we are deeply sorry you were not accommodated. I am happy that your charges were reversed as they should be and that we have resolved these issues with our front desk personal. We can assure you that your next stay with us will be a positive experience. It is our hope that you will give us one more chance to redeem ourselves and prove we are an outstanding Hilton property.

Danielle Valenchis
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

As expected, I found the HGI to be clean, attractive and the staff was great. The sleep number bed was perfect and the breakfast on Sunday was good and hot. The location is safe and next to a strip mall with Talbots, White House Black Market, Loft and Chicos to name a few. A Starbucks is across the street and two malls are just a few miles away. It was also very close to the Savannah Welcome Center and trolley tours...a must do. If you want to be in the hub of Savannah you should choose one of the several options in the historic district. The drive however, was worth the savings for me and I was attending a wedding on Tybee Island.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
jAtlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again. Staff said the hotel would be upgraded soon and that it was 7the years old. I was surprised thatif it wasto on trackthe to beAtlanta renovated so soonI but this showsis great ownershipand and management. Very well run and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012
Elkmont, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice Hotel and very nice and helpful staff. Things to watch for though: 1) If you reserve a room with a sofa bed, DO NOT expect to sleep on it. Wires covered by a very thin cover. The most horrible nights sleep I have ever had. The staff however, were very helpful when I complained about it. They sent up a roll away bed immediately that was comfortable. 2) No fans in the bathroom. The minute you get out of the shower, you feel like you need another one, the humidity is so high in that room. 3) Rooms that end in 05 also have the airconditioning unit by them. Very noisy. 4) No mats or appliques (spelling ?) in the bathtub. They are very slick and my mother who is in her 70's slipped in the tub and then fell out of the tub completely. However, hotel is very nice and clean. Don't let these 4 problems keep you from staying here. They are just some things to watch out for.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room ending in 05, we stayed on the third flood and it didn't really help...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Although the staff was accommodating, the frustration of having to ask to be moved twice colored our stay. DO NOT STAY IN ROOMS 203, 303, 403, 503 or 603 -- or 225, 325, 425, 525 or 625.

The rooms ending in 03 are next to and above the air conditioning units.. So noisy.

The rooms ending in 25 are next to the elevator.

The Hilton family needs to turn these rooms into storage -- or use them for something other than travelers requiring a decent night's sleep. Shame on you Hilton.
BEWARE

• Stayed September 2012
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My church group really enjoyed their stay at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown so much so that they are talking about going back for a two day trip. I personally was so appreciative of the kindness that was showed toward me . It was a great experince .

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite and it was very roomy with televisions in both bedroom and living room.I dont th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!