“You have got to go” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "Slow Down and Taste the Sweet Life" is our motto and our mission is to offer Savannah a better place for food, community and customer service. A happy place to relax with friends & family enjoying good conversation and sharing food.
Keedysville, Maryland, United States
“You have got to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Visited Back in the Day Bakery because I have their cookbook. It was busy, but well worth the short wait. The sandwiches at lunch, what can I say? The bread was fresh and tasty as well as the contents. I had the pig and pimento. Bacon, pimento cheese and swiss cheese. Yes, decadent, and it was warm..OMG. The soup was tomato basil bisque. Tasty. My friend got the ham and cheese which was also great. The cupcakes were wonderful and the whole atmosphere was worth it. We met the owners Cheryl and Griff and they are so nice. We had pictures with them and I will GO BACK.

Visited October 2012

“A must stop every time we are in Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a great bakery that has a wide variety of deserts...we like the cupcakes, especially the preemie cupcakes. My daughter stocks up on her favorite rootbeer. Everyone should check the little gem out!

Louisville, KY
“Come out and meet your public!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Four of us came for breakfast at my insistence because I had read great reviews and have sold their cookbook as a B&N manager. The location isn't the greatest, but I can see how it's a destination thing. I love love love the atmosphere. The ham & cheese croissants were divine. The bread pudding was ridiculous. The lemon loaf was delish. The donut muffin, just right. We also got a peek at both owners working in the back. I'm sure they are super-busy, especially since the cookbook release. But they really should wander out every half hour or so at least. I would have enjoyed meeting them and would have left with an even more favorable impression. The girls working the counter were nice enough, I guess. I could have asked to meet the owners, but I wanted to see if they would make an appearance on their own. I was disappointed that they failed my little test.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Couldn't wait to try the cupcakes...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had heard about Back in the Day bakery when their cookbook came out and they were at a local bookstore. Unfortunately I had to miss their visit at the bookstore, but couldn't wait to go to the bakery when we were visiting Savannah. We ordered the old fashioned cupcake (vanilla) and a chocolate cupcake to go. I thought the vanilla cupcake was delicious and the frosting reminded me of sugar cookie icing at Christmas time. I loved it! My husband thought the chocolate cupcake was good, but not great. I would visit again and have lunch on our next visit to Savannah.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tybee Island, Ga
“Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Who'd ever know you'd be happy to spend $3 on a cupcake. This bakery has some of the most awesome baked goods I have ever tasted. Things they totally make up themselves that you cant have anywhere else. The cupcakes are my favorite but they also make a mean bread pudding that is a killer served warm, along with cookies, other goodies and s'mores pie, oooooooooooh so rich!
They also have unique lunch time sandwiches.

Visited August 2012