“Great Spot to Stop” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Gateway

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Gateway to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   596 Al Henderson Boulevard, (Gateway Boulevard), Savannah, GA 31419   |
Offers & Announcements
Redeem Coupon- $79 Suite
Ranked #51 of 112 hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
HURRCANE,WV
“Great Spot to Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight here on our way to WV from Sarasota, FL. The general area is very nice; the hotel was clean and seemed relatively new; the breakfast was good; and the staff was polite and knowledgeable. Good restaurant are very close too. My older model GPS unit gave me slight misdirection, but the hotel is located almost directly behind a Ruby Tuesday's and you will have no problem finding it. I will stay here again if I get the opportunity.
Recommended!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room close to the lobby, but it was still quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,
The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Port orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was able to use my alumni discount and got the room cheaper than the highway discount coupons and I think I will be able to earn points, which they won't give with the coupons. The room was nice and clean and comfortable. Had a little trouble with the wifi going in and out but other than that would stay again. They even have free beer and wine from 5-7 pm. Limited to two wines, three beers (small) but still, it was nice. We did try to get a room on our return trip, but couldn't get the same discount. Stayed somewhere else. Also, it is across the parking lot to Ruby Tuesday. Very convenient.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize regarding the wifi service and am glad that you enjoyed our Happy Hour Service. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,
The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights when travelling through America. It is a really nice hotel, the breakfast was good and the free wine and beer from 5-7pm was even better. It's a wee bit out of the way but as we were travelling by car wasn't really a problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We love repeat guests !!!! Thank you for the great words about the hotel. When a guest comes back by choice we know we are doing it right. There are so many options today it really is about comfort and how you are treated. Our team is great and they enjoy what they do, that makes it easier. Happy Hour is a great time of fellowship with great guests like yourself.

The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great stay, comfortable and pleasant, very clean, good breakfast, front desk personnel very nice, always happy and efficiently handled our needs.
Specially Ms. Quita, greet us and always refer to us by our names, great service.

Dear Valued Guest:

Very kind words, we thank you !!!.. Its always great to hear that what we do make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. They are a great team and work very hard. I am very proud to be a part of such a great hotel. Hope to see you in the future, safe travels.

The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel has a new policy, that I have never heard of before. As a paying customer you must check your room for all broken items( something house keeping should do) And then make sure your Tub, Floors and Oh,most important your sheets are cleaned. Now they will charge you for the half cleaned room but, they will also,charge you for items broken that you never used. So be mindful, when the front desk clerk checks you in and gives you the key. You might want to ask them to walk to the room with you and check all the items so, you won't get a charge on your card for something broken that you never used in the first place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know we did not meet your expectations. We try very hard to exceed our guests need at every turn. Policies, rules and regulations are put in place for the benefit of our guests as well as the hotel property. The policy you described is something we are definitely looking in to. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.
Reynolds, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stay here with my family in July 2013 and the place was not very clean. All the carpet on our floor and in the room needed a good cleaning; the carpet in the room was stickey in spots and when waliked acros in white socks the socks were black. The chairs in the breakfast area were VERY badly stained and we were almost afraid to sit , thinking it might come off on our clothes. The complimentary breakfast was poor; what was supposed to be hot egg patties and sausage links were cold, the toaster didn't work proberly, and the waffle batter was so waterd down that it stuck to the waffle maker and you had to scrape the mess off. The worst was our last night there - we returned from a day of sightseeing and fun to find that DIRTY sheets had been placed on one bed and worn out sheets left for the sofabed. If this was not bad enough the toilet stopped up; called front desk again and was told maintence had left for the day (?) and we could either move to another room or come get the plunger and try to unclog it OURSELVES. I was sick to my stomach already and could not pack things up to move to another room so my daughter got the plunger and had at it - managed to get it to flush - lasted for maybe five times then stopped up for good. When we checked out EARLY the next morning I informed them the thing was still stopped up and the desk clerk wanted to know why We had not uncogged it! I am was not very polite to her and have asked that someone above her contact me - still waiting. Every Comfort Inn that we have stayed in has been very nice , this is why I chose this one to stay at but will not staqy there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hui34407, Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Comfort Suites has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that my management team is working hand in hand with Choice Hotels to assure my property meets and exceeds guest expectations moving forward. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to assure this issue does not re-occur in the future.

A management change has been made and we are about to undergo a massive renovation to address issues like yours as well as others.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Warm Regards
Danielsville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is consistently a good clean friendly atmosphere place indeed. I've been staying here twice a week for two years and have never experienced a bad stay. The staff is always on point to meet your needs. Although the maintenance staff could use some more experience in the repair area. I think the shower heads need to b replaced ever so often for even flow. I know everyone always looks forward to a decent shower after a hard day at work. I have notice this hotel has a huge employee turn over rate? Over all a good place to stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your business and will continue to honor your needs here at Comfort Suites. We apologize about the high turn over with employees as well as maintanence issues. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments. Especially guest like you who are here on a regular basis. See you next week.

Been to Comfort Suites Gateway? Share your experiences!