“Horrible Service - Skip it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe At City Market

Cafe At City Market
224 W Saint Julian St, Savannah, GA 31401-2514 (Yamacraw Village)
912-236-7133
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Yamacraw Village
Atlanta, Georgia
“Horrible Service - Skip it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

After being seated with 2 small kids and ordering, we waited about 25 minutes without any feedback at all from our server (Shreya). When we asked about the status of our food, she wasn't apologetic nor did she exude any sense of urgency. She did check on it and told us a few minutes later that ours was next. A minute or two later she delivered a tray of food to the larger table next to ours (whose party had clearly been seated/order taken several minutes after ours). When I asked to speak to a manager, I started to share my complaint (still having received no food) and she interrupted me almost immediately telling me that she would take care of it. I told her that I'd like to finish telling her why I'd called for a manager (Christine C.), and she seemed completely flustered at the fact that I was complaining at all and asked if I wanted my food sent back???? When I asked why in the world I'd want my food sent back if I'm complaining about having no food, she said that I was yelling at her and she just wanted to calm me down. I was completely floored. I was certainly upset and my tone reflected it, but I was absolutely not yelling. Clearly, she was so uncomfortable with any complaint, that she just refused to deal with it. She told me that she'd comp my meal, and I think that she felt that since she'd decided that at the outset there was no need for me to complain. I guess from her perspective if I was getting a free meal, that should shut me up - why wasn't I kissing her feet at that point? Clearly, our server was horribly incompetent as a server and the manager had zero customer service skills. The manager later came back to apologize for not letting me talk. By that point I'd already asked for the name and contact information for the owner. My sense is that that's what spawned the apology.

Visited September 2013

39% Recommend
Winter Haven
“Go on Sunday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great place to sit outside and listen to live music on Sunday. I had the peach sangria YUMMY. The collared greens were really good. My husband had the chicken sandwich and said it was very good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
saint augustine
“Four star experience in a solid 3 star restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The best part was the ambience, the worst part was the service. We happened to wander by for a "not very hungry" dinner time; it was near our hotel and it was convenient. Had we seen the Trip Advisor reviews, we probably would have continued walking. I am glad we didn't!

Our server, Adam, was not very attentive. That was sort of OK because we were with friends and enjoying the street music. Had we been hungrier, or in a rush, an absent server would have been missed more.

We sat on the funky outdoor porch with wiggly chairs. Thankfully, the rain cooled the temperatures down to an enjoyable evening. Each of the four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals; the bread pudding ranks in the top 10 of my life. And I'm old.

This place looks like it might be a tourist trap, but the food is quality.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Augustine, FL. United States
“Good Food and People Watching, Too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Not gourmet...just good portions of good food. Weather permitting, dine outside on the patio and watch the City Market crowds stroll by. On a recent Thursday evening we enjoyed music from the band at the south end of the Market prommenade...and no cover charge...free entertainment. My dining companions inhaled the bread pudding and raved!!!

Visited August 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Lunch time stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice stop to eat on the patio and people watch. The pecan, chicken salad-sandwich was very good - but needed more pecans. Their Peach Sangria was just so so. I would get a different drink you would like better. If you like triple sec, you may like this.

Visited August 2013