“Fun & Informative - Well Worth $15.00!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Cultural
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you Our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $15.00, call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Fun & Informative - Well Worth $15.00!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

My boyfriend & I saw these tours all around town & knew we wanted to go on a ghost tour, so we asked a few locals & all said "HEARSE GHOST RIDE", so we booked our tour. Our hearse, yes a real hearse that was converted to an open-aired "limo" pulled up to pick us up at our hotel along with another couple that was staying there, then proceeded to pick up a 3rd couple at a local quick mart (they were buying some "spirits" as you drink on the tour. Anyway, our tour guide, "Lunatic Laura" was both comical & very informative with the history of Savannah, and when the tour was over, she dropped us back off at our hotel, The Hilton, and as we walked up to the elevator, there was no one around, the button with the arrow going up, lit up & the elevator door just opened, with no one in it...spooky! After downloading my pictures, there were quite a few with orbs on them....This was well worth the $15.00 each!

Visited February 2011

Overland Park, Kansas
“Fun and informative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Everyone enjoyed our tour with Lunatic Laura. It was a little goofy with the play on words, but it was a nice view of the city and brought much laughter during the tour and after

Visited February 2011
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

This was the best tour of our trip (and we took a few!). History was mixed in with ghost stories so we learned a little about both. "Dawn of the Dead" was very funny and the looks we got riding around in the back of a hearse were priceless. A must do while you are in town!

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
“Good Guide, Pointless Route”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

For $15 a charming guide took us on an open air hearse ghost tour. The tour hit some of the more common attractions, with two exceptions - unique homes I had not heard of before.

What I can't understand is why this tour takes you to the Bonnaventure Cemetery. It is closed after 5:00 PM. The gates of a locked cemetery and its surrounding neighborhood isn't scary at all.

MGMT - Please consider revamping the route after 5:00 PM to include tours of sites you can actually see.

Visited January 2011
hearsetours, Public Relations Manager at Hearse Ghost Tours, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Hi Ya'll,
I appreciate your advice, but wanted to let you know that your driver John chooses his route. All of our guides do their own tour but I will tell John to read your advice. It seems you enjoyed the ride and John, just not His choice of locations. I do appreciate you choosing Hearse Tours.
Happy Future Ghosting!
Jackie the Hearse Lady
912-695-1578
Winter Park, Florida
“AWESOME AND PERSONAL!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I normally always read reviews before I book anything or buy anything so I of course like to return the favor. Hearse Ghost Tours was awesome!! We were two couples in our 50's and 30's. Laura was our host /driver and she was great. She was very animated and made our tour very enjoyable. It was a very cold night (9:00 p.m.) and she even brought blankets to keep us warm. What service!!!! Laura came by our bed and breakfast in the Victorian District and picked us up and brought us back at the end.....It doesn't get any better than that. I loved this tour. It gives you a whole new perspective on Savannah's history versus the day tours which I love as well. Laura made sure that she answered all our questions along the way and was very informative. I read reviews on all the Ghost Tours and am so glad I picked this one. There is only room for 8 people in the hearse so it is so much more personal than the large tour buses. I am sure they do a wonderful job as well but in my opinion....this is the way to go for a Ghost Tour. The hease really sets the mood and Laura made the history come alive. At the price of $15 a person, you can't go wrong. Of course, Laura deserved a big tip too!! Money and time well spent!!

Visited January 2011