“Great Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Olde Savannah Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
The Olde Savannah Inn
217 E. Gaston Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Special Offer
Blow Out Sale!
Ranked #9 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, NC
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Olde Savannah Inn. Our room was absolutely wonderful. We stayed in the Provence Room. The bedding was exquisite. We absolutely loved the large shower. Kathleen did an excellent job with breakfast. The blueberry pancakes and waffles were absolutely yummy. We enjoyed a wine reception with a delicious spread of goodies and wine while Miss Diana played beautifully on the piano. Kathleen thought of every detail. We always had fresh bottles of water in our room every day after returning from sight seeing. The inn is located in the more residential part of the town. It is only a 10 minute (or so) scenic walk to River Street where all the action is. We took a cab to dinner one night because the weather was a little on the humid side. The inn is also located right down the road from the infamous Forsyth Park. Overall, we had a FABULOUS time. It was our first trip to Savannah, and we would definitely go back and stay with Kathleen at the Olde Savannah Inn.

• Liked — Our beautiful Room
  • Disliked — The distance to River St.

1,080 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
St. Joseph, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

Staying at the Olde Savannah Inn is truly a wonderful experience. My husband and I stayed with Kathleen during Easter and could not have found a nicer or prettier inn. Kathleen honestly defines southern hospitality. With her wonderful welcome hug upon arrival, her beautifully restored Inn with the magnificent room including an incredible bathroom - robe and slippers included -, Ms Diana entertaining during afternoon wine and cheese time, and breakfasts you could “die for”, Kathleen leaves nothing one could want for.

Easter at the Olde Savannah Inn was a pampered, wonderful experience for us including the Easter surprise left in our room. We loved staying at the Olde Savannah Inn as I am sure anyone would as Kathleen goes out of her way to make sure that everything is top notch and that each and every guest feels so very much at home that they are sad to leave.

Steve and Linda Eckard
St. Joseph MO

• Liked — Kathleen's ability to make every minute wonderful
  • Disliked — Nothing
Crystal Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

My wife and I had an "awesome experience" during our brief stay at The Olde Savannah Inn in Savannah, GA. My wife took me to The Olde Savannah Inn for my brithday. This was our first time vacationing in beautiful historic Savannah. Kathleen, the Inkeeper and hostess at The Olde Savannah Inn, catered to our every wish. The homemade muffins, full breakfasts, turn-down service, assistance with booking local historical tours and particular attention to details helped to make our stay one to remember and to talk about to our friends and family. Kathleen helped to make my birthday weekend special by making
me feel right at home. She will always have a special place in my heart.

Ormond Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

We just returned from a weekend in wonderful Savannah. I was especially impressed with the Old Savannah Inn. The inn is located less than a mile from the river, which is where most of the restaurants, taverns, and sites are. It was an easy walk for us but there are tours, carriage rides, and "pedicabs" available. We even felt safe walking at night. Other than location, the inn is first rate as far as accomodations and atmosphere. The inn is gorgeous! The rooms are beautiful and luxurious. The innkeeper, Kathleen, is friendly, accomodating, and a heck of a breakfast chef. She will pamper and spoil you. This was our first time in Savannah but I can't imagine a better place to stay.

• Liked — The overall quality of everything.
  • Disliked — Hmmmmm, nothing!
St. Charles, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

My husband and I took a trip to Savannah in April and wanted to stay at a beautiful "southern" inn. This is exactly what we found at the Olde Savannah Inn.
The Inn itself is breathtaking. Beautiful woodwork, fancy chandeliers and decor. The beds are AMAZING. A lot of detail was put into the Inn. We stayed in the Versailles Court Suite. WOW is what you think when you walk in. There are (2) clawfoot tubs in addition to a very large jacuzzi tub surrounded by candles and fresh flowers. Not a detail has been forgotten. Thick white towels, soft bedding, comfy bath robes and slippers.
Breakfast in the morning was outstanding . Come hungry. Eggs with feta cheese, fresh fruit, belgian waffles with homemade whipped cream. YUM! French pressed coffee too!
Of course I cannot leave out Kathleen, the innkeeper and owner. What an amazing person. One of the most friendly, generous people we have ever met. She makes you feel very much at home. She even left us an Easter basket on our bed for Easter. Anything you need, she will provide.
If you ever go to Savannah, without a doubt stay here. Our experience would not have been the same if we had not stayed at the Olde Savannah Inn!

Stanberry, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

I returned last night from Savannah, GA, and The Olde Savannah Inn, where I was a guest for 3 days and 3 nights. The weather in Savannah was unusually gray, blustery, and chilly, which was very disappointing for a northerner like me looking for a warm and sunny respite from the damp, rainy, and cold spring climate of northwest Missouri. That's why The Olde Savannah Inn and the innkeeper, Kathleen, were such a welcome relief. She greeted us with bottles of wine and a bountiful fruit and cheese tray, which put my traveling companions and me at ease immediatedly. Every morning Kathleen cooked and presented us with a gourmet breakfast. She wanted to please everyone and saw to it that each guest had precisely what they wanted. Every evening, a delightful dessert was served in the dining room, and believe it or not, one night she delivered it to my door when she found out I just wanted to relax in my room for the evening! What a sweetheart. Now, WHY would I want to stay in my room in Savannah, GA, on a Sunday night? Because it was so cozy and beautiful with fresh flowers, plush robe and slippers, and gorgeously-soft bedding. It was my home-away-from-home. I LOVED everything about it. Kathleen Dupuis treats everyone right. You will be pampered in every way.
Susan Eckard
Stanberry, MO

Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

Kathleen and the Olde Savannah Inn are the perfect combination of Southern hospitality and exquisite style! Our weekend and first visit to Savannah could not have been more perfect. From the moment we arrived at the Olde Savannah Inn, Kathleen became not only the person who would take care of our every need for the weekend but also our friend. The inn is decorated with beautiful chandeliers, rugs, and antiques. Although we stayed in the Versailles Court (hands down the best room in the inn), our tour of the entire inn revealed rooms that were all impeccably decorated. The pictures on the website do not give justice to the beauty of this bed and breakfast. Kathleen's four and five course breakfasts made it very difficult to explore and enjoy the many great restaurants in Savannah. If you are looking for a perfect stay in Savannah look no further than the Olde Savannah Inn. Our return to Savannah will include another visit to the Olde Savannah Inn and our friend Kathleen!!!

• Liked — The beautiful furniture and the perfect innkeeper/owner
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was perfect!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Olde Savannah Inn? Share your experiences!