“A special & unforgettable experience!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Olde Savannah Inn

and 1 more site!
You added The Olde Savannah Inn to your Saves list
The Olde Savannah Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   217 E. Gaston Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #9 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“A special & unforgettable experience!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our stay at this B&B was unforgettable for a number of reasons. Most importantly, the decor of the Inn was beautiful, from the crisp linens to the century aged furniture. The full breakfast was delicious and romantic, as it was served by candlelight & music. Kathleen, the Innkeeper was very detailed & observant, and though at times appeared to be stressed, managed to provide a peaceful environment. The last minute package offered (though our reservation wasn't last minute) was perfect for our anniversary trip because it included a nice romantic dinner (I would recommend The Olde Pink House), horse drawn carriage ride, and chocolate covered strawberries with champagne (upon arrival or on the carriage ride).
Kathleen, thank you for your hospitality but I would encourage you to get some additional support because you work TOO hard :-)

Room Tip: As advised by the Innkeeper, try to get a room on the top floor to experience the full luxury of thi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Lithonia, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Olde Savannah inn and couldn't have asked for better. The atmosphere and treatment we received guarantees that we will be returning again. Kathleen the owner was absolutely wonderful making us feel like we were part of the family( her homemade apple cinnamon pancakes made me want to call home and apologize for being unfaithful to grandma).

We were situauted just a short drive from the riverfront and had no problems getting everywhere. The shuttle picked us up at the front door of the Inn. I highly recommend anyone wanting a romantic getaway give Kathleen a call.

Loudonville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Olde Savannah Inn was the perfect way to celebrate our 7th anniversary. The moment we arrived at the Inn and met Kathleen we were treated like royalty. Kathleen is charming and her place is exquisite. The rooms are beautiful, each having their own theme. Kathleen prepared the most delicious gourmet breakfasts each morning; daily presentations of fresh fruit cup presented in an elegant crystal glass that was a picture, bacon and sausage, orange juice and an abundance of French pressed coffee all served on beautiful crystal, china and silver. Day one a vegetable omelet - fresh picked vegetables from the farmers market just blocks from the Inn. The second morning apple cinnamon pancakes with Kathleen’s delicious homemade whipped cream and warmed syrup was the choice of the day, and oh they were scrumptious. Day three Kathleen prepared her eggs Benedict- heavenly. Each table was set with a vase of flowers, music playing in the background and conversation with other couples as desired. The house itself is just amazing. I couldn't help but walk from room to room admiring Kathleen's astounding decorated displays. As beautiful as the house is, you still feel right at home, Kathleen makes sure you do. My husband and I stayed in the Provence Room - much to our delight. The room has such character and a stunning presentation of furnishings. The bed was so welcoming at night after a full day of touring Savannah and indulging in the fabulous Southern cooking of the vast array of restaurants Savannah offers. The shower was divine - it was a marble shower room! The Provence room provides access to a private garden retreat. Kathleen surprised us each evening with a freshly baked delicacy.
It was difficult leaving The Olde Savannah Inn, but I know we will be returning. Kathleen made us feel right at home and I know we will keep in touch. She is so warm and loving - a real classy lady! Thank you Kathleen for treating us so well and making our anniversary a memorable one

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I traveled to Savannah from Seattle, WA to get a taste of the Southern experience and my expectations were exceeded the moment I was greeted by Kathleen at the B&B! She took such good care of me during my solo adventure with beautiful AND scrumptious breakfasts, a delightful room in her spectacularly renovated historic inn, and inviting me to take some time to enjoy my book and listen to the crickets with a glass of wine on her back porch! My soul was overflowing by the time I left the Olde Savannah Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Last week during a difficult crunch time between job interviews in the South, my Partner and I set off to The Olde Savannah Inn seeking a well-deserved weekend break.

Upon a late evening arrival, we wandered in together and were graciously met by Kathleen -- the owner/proprietor. She immediately charmed my Partner and me. After wandering into the front door we felt the romance of the hotel. From the start, Kathleen wholeheartedly welcomed us; and, revealed to us her special abilities to make us feel at home, combined with her attention to detail.

Our room was the Renaissance Suite. It was quiet, clean and comfortable. We had two chandeliers -- in the bedroom and the spacious bathroom! The carved 4-poster bed made for a unique and grand sleeping experience.

We immediately came to realize the benefits intelligent service. Kathleen answered all of our questions about the hotel and helped guide our understanding of Savannah for only a 2 night visit. She expertly meshed our wishes with our needs for getting the best slice of Savannah for a weekend visit: the best restaurant recommendations, sights not to miss, and insider tips.

The morning breakfast ROCKED! The meal was prepared from scratch and could rival any gourmet breakfast restaurant and included fresh baked peach cobbler.

Our weekend at The Olde Savannah Inn made our weekend Savannah experience extra special. We are certain that but for our stay at the hotel, we would not have had what became a memorable trip to Savannah. Kathleen's special character and skills – which are exemplary, and are rare in this day and age -- separate those who place “first” from the “also-rans.”

We wish The Olde Savannah Inn every success and look forward to returning very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We just left the Inn this morning and what an amazing stay we had. Kathleen is a wonderful woman, who was extremely helpful during our stay. The breakfasts were excellent and the rooms were immaculate. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 5th anniversary over Labor Day weekend and this was our first B&B experience! We were in the Provence suite which we loved - it has windows so ample light comes in, the shower is amazing (so spacious and water pressure is great), and it is on the ground level with a private entrance. Kathleen was quite hospitable all weekend - when the room did not have an ironing board, she offered to iron my dress for me; she booked our trolley tour and pedicab one night for us, and in general, was helpful with restaurant suggestions! Everyday she left 2 water bottles and chocolate chip cookies in our room. The first day she left us a piece of her chocolate cake which was so good! Unfortunately, I was not feeling well over the weekend and she really treated me nicely providing all the things I needed to be as comfortable as I could be.

The house itself is gorgeous and clean. The breakfasts were AWESOME! I absolutely loved the eggs benedict on a croissant and the creme brulee french toast. We are vegetarian and she was always accommodating! Fruit was very fresh and the coffee was delicious. The dining room is nice in that every couple has their own table, so you can still have conversations as a group and privately. The room is very airy and a lot of natural light comes through which is nice for your morning meal.

In terms of the location, it is pretty far from river street - but we were able to walk there in 15-20 minutes or just take pedicabs back and forth. It is close to Forsyth Park which is nice. Parking can be difficult since there are only 2 spots in the back of the house, but we were able to find ample street parking even on a busy holiday weekend.

In general, this is a great B&B! I would definitely come back again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Olde Savannah Inn? Share your experiences!