“Only word America in this name is true :( + say hi to bugs” 2 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4005 Ogeechee Rd, Savannah, GA 31405   |
Ranked #106 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
miami
“Only word America in this name is true :( + say hi to bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Maybe is not so good to be 100% honest, but I'm like that so I have to write exactly how it was. Especially when you pay in advance and after there is no refund possible. At first the smell in the room was awkward, it was not clean, which is the first IMPORTANT thing that I look in any hotel. If we have to clean it again, which we did, what is the point of housekeeping?!?! Maybe because they do in just few times in a week or only 1 person is doing it and there are many many rooms to be done. And I don't like excuses! Then HBO was not working so we had to call them to fix. Then the shower cap was so old so they needed to fix it. Then there was only 1 chair and there was 2 people there. For clean towels we needed to call them every day to bring or else they will call to ask but you couldn't hear anything on that old phone (which we had to clean before using it). Not enough pillows, everything extremely old. For laundry we had to use laundry room and no dryer so we had to use their ones. The lock on the door was so old that every day we felt that we need to brake in in our room and that was even FUNNY thing, so one star more just not to write that there was terrible, so now it was poor and funny! Even when our post suppose to arrive there, after 1 day we checked out they didn't want to save that for us. We were not happy at all. I don't even want to write how was terrible smelled on the reception desk on naftalin and how to have shampoo or something else was just to imagine! So who ever wants to book this hotel, please think twice and of course choose to go somewhere else. See my other posts and you will know where to go. Thanx for reading! Until my other post or even a book soon!!!!

Room Tip: There is a club near so if you are crazy and brave to go there, then ask the room where there will n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank girl_from_belgrade
abvisav, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We try to make all our guests happy but can not seem to please everyone. Especially when you do not come to the office to speak with one of our members of management. Also our dryer was out of order and the parts were on back order and it has now been fixed for over a month. I will be looking into the issues that you addressed and make appropriate changes. We hope that you will see fit to come back at a later date and see how it has changed.

El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

i didnt like this hotel they charge extra for kids does not matter they are months old only, didnt have extra beds even they charge extra and room smell like old, toiled didnt had cover and beds fells old

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank elmorris9
abvisav, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We do have a policy about maximum occupancy in a room regardless of age. We also try to work with the guests but we still have a policy that we have to go by. I am sorry that this happened I will be looking into it further.

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Cambridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Located in the low rent part of town, this place is just terrible.the rooms are nothing like the pictures that have been submitted. You get what you pay for, we payed little and got a run down motel.Plus, things were going on in the parking lot all night.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank 79t140
FrontDeskManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I would also like to say thank you for feedback because that is how we know how customers really feel. I hope you will come again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last summer and decided to stay there again after reading reviews of other places that were the same price but had lower ratings and were further from where we wanted to go. Check in and check out were quick and easy. Staff is friendly and there are plenty of places to go around the area. Overall its a nice place for the price you pay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
FrontDeskManagement, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I want to personally thank you for staying with us at America's Best Value Inn I am glad that you decided to give us a try. I hope we can serve your hospitality needs if you are back in the area. We hope to see you again soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and I were looking for a cheap hotel just to stay one night before going to the beach. The exterior was kinda run down, but the room was updated and clean. The beds were very comfortable and it was quiet all night. I have no complaints about this place. The staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
FrontDeskManagement, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Milledgeville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I appreciated Tina's and Brandie's friendliness and helpfulness. I had not realized that check out was at 11:00a.m., but they were kind when I showed up about 11:30, thinking check out was at 2:00! The room was spacious, quiet, and clean. The bathroom was set up conveniently. Everything in the room worked, except the telephone, and it was a little challenging for me to figure out how to operate the microwave since I don't have one at home; but I did just fine and I know I could have asked Tina or Brandie and they would have been more than happy to help me work this "high tech" (ha, ha, ha) stuff. Tina also helped me figure out how to apply the password for my WiFi connection. I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
FrontDeskManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay We hope to see you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The room is inexpensive comparing to other options, with easy access to the Downtown Savannah (by car) but the towels were not clean enough. Also, the bathroom was small and inconvenient. The bed was quite comfortable though. The room also

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank amishka
FrontDeskManagement, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I want to thank you for your business and I really hope you decide to stay again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savannah
Rodeway Inn
Howard Johnson Express Savannah
Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown
Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
Value Place Savannah Garden City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!