“Wow I was impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #101 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Wow I was impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

When I first pulled up I started to change my mind. The area the hotel is located was not exactly what I expected. But I decided I would give it a try. I received a pleasant hello as soon as I walked through the door. I asked if I could see a room first and the lady at the desk said yes maam. I looked at a room and it was nice, it looked brand new. The price was reasonable so I ended up staying for a couple of nights. The ladies in the lobby were so nice and helpful. I will be going back there on my next trip to Savannah.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I rented a room for the rock and roll marathon on Nov. 3 - Nov 5 the staff were very helpful and very polite they made sure that if we needed anything that they had it I could not complain about nothing They might not be in the best area but its clean and safe at their motel I would def. come back . The girls at the desk were very professional and well spoken. We made our reservations online and the pics looked just like the property We watched the virtual tour and it showed us alot I would recommend coming here for cheap rates and nice southern charm

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Moneta, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We went to Savannah to run the inagual Rock n roll marathon. The Hotel looked nice online. We booked our room months in advance. When we got there it was horrible! First of all the place stunk!! We told the girl at the desk that the pics on the web were very deceiving. We asked to see the room. The key did not fit, The girl tried it several times, then decided to try it in the room next door....and it worked!! How scarey is that? We had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each. We told the girl at the desk we would be happy to pay for 1 night in each room, but we would not be staying. She argued that because we arrived at 3:15 and check in was 3:00 that we would have to pay for 2 nights in 2 rooms. We refused. She called the manager and she arrived BAREFOOT and without any TEETH!! She also argued that we would have to pay for 2 rooms for 2 nights. She said "that they were just inspected and given a 4 star rating." I asked her if she was wearing her shoes during the inspection. She said "yes and that she was off work now." We think she lived there!! We told her that she would get 1 night each for 2 rooms or nothing. We ended up calling the corporate office and leaving. They still TRIED to run my card for 2 rooms for 2 nights. It is a good thing I had already notified my credit card company!!! Save yourself some hassle. Don't go there!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Brandy was very helpful from the minute we checked to the minute we left. She also went out of her way to assist us when we had a car accident to secure a another nights stay, ice for injuries and directions to the nearest hospital! With that said, she went above and beyond our expectations and i believe it was still a great vacation :). They really genuinely care about the people who stay at their hotel. I will be going back,.....often :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kannapolis, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

The only people that would be happy here would be lizards and frogs. My husband and I were on our way back to NC from FL and decided to spend a couple of days in Savannah. We are not unaccustomed to staying at older motels and tend to like the charm of them. We went to front desk and paid for 3 nights after the desk manager allowed us to look at room (this should have been our first red flag). The room was a little run down but like I said nothing that we weren't used to seeing. We decided to explore Savannah a bit before it got dark and then got something to eat. When we returned to the room we turned on the TV and after pulling back the comforter to check the sheets (habit from a bad past experience) we saw a large bug on the far wall. My Husband being my hero killed it and then we laid down to watch the TV. About 20 minutes later we looked back at the wall and saw about 20 small bugs crawling around. We proceeded to throw everything in our car and go the front desk. The night clerk offered to move us to another room, but I told her that I would not be able to sleep thinking that bugs would be crawling on me. The same manager that checked us in came out and said that she could only give us 2 nights refund-this after she could not find our name in the first place because they put under the wrong room number in the computer system. My Husband and I protested very loudly that we shouldn't be penalized because they had bugs in their rooms. The manager proceed to condesendingly say "yes ma'am" and roll her eyes at me. She gave my Husband a card with the "corporate number" on it which only rang back to the hotel or rang disconnected. The General Manager Mike that was listed supposedly stayed on the property but wasn't available. The night clerk went to the room the inspect for bugs but came back saying she didn't see anything and stated that we had messed up the bed. My Husband and I found another place to stay, but returned to the hotel 3 times the next day to get a full refund and got a different story everytime about where Mike was (he was out, he wasn't in yet, they didn't know when or if he would be in). We wrote an email to Corporate from their main website only to recieve a form letter back stating that all complaints had to go through the owner of the hotel since they are all franchisees. We have yet to hear anything. Avoid this hotel chain at all costs. It seems like they are all run the same way and have no accountability to their customers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Iceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

my boyfriend and I had to spend two nights there, and we DIDN'T enjoy it. Everything was dirty in this yellowish, suspicious way, the carpet was all sticky and stinky, with wet stains and blaaahhh... and the lady on the counter was kinda scary and rude. it's cheap, but I don't think it's actually worth a dime. if you're not entirely broke please go somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
We regret to hear you had a bad experience during your stay with us. As a result of guest feedback like yours. You may be happy to know we have made changes in our staff and in our Rug Cleaning service company. We will be looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!