“Creative food served” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B Matthews Eatery

B Matthews Eatery
325 E Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
(912) 233-1319
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Habersham
Description: Recognized as "Best Chef", "Best Lunch" and "Best Breakfast", we are located on the corner of Bay St. and Habersham offering full service breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday-Saturday and Sunday Brunch. Come enjoy the ambiance created by ship parts used to build our building in 1790. We have some of the oldest bar fixtures in the Southeast.
Palatine, Illinois
“Creative food served”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Visited with colleagues for a lovely meal. They had plenty of vegetarian options for one of our group and the wine and spirits were superb. I enjoyed the scallops I ordered but did not expect them to be complemented by an over-powering licorice taste. Everything was very creatively presented and the whole atmosphere was very low-key. We had not made a reservation and were apparently very lucky to even get a table. The main reason I saw for the need for reservations was the slow table turnover and the large amount of large parties they were serving that evening. Might be different on other nights.

Visited August 2013

85% Recommend
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Awesome Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Between the four of us, three omelets were ordered and one biscuit & gravy. We could not help eating off of each other's plate. Everything was wonderfully prepared. Eggs where light & fluffy. A little pricey for breakfast, I mean we are talking eggs here, but hey, we were on vacation. I would not recommend the $8.00 Bloody Mary. Many other places around town that are better suited for the "best" Bloody Mary. We would absolutely go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food, service and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a great place for our family to enjoy breakfast. The food tasted fresh, the coffee was good and all of our food was wonderful. Everyone got something different and it was all good. Bloody Mary's were good too. Can't wait to come back to savannah and eat here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good Call”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a recommendation to go check out B Matthews from a fellow guest at the Holiday Inn and as it was on our way on a stroll down town it was rude not to. Nice atmosphere, laid back and in a friendly groove. Good mix of clientèle without any of the nobbyness that one would get in a similar establishment in the UK. My lamp post breakfast hit the right spot and washed down with a sublime Bloody Mary. Good feel, good call...

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McDonough, Georgia
“Cozy In-town hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I visited B Matthews this morning in a food-deprived fog! Although I've passed this place on more than one occasion, today was the day I swung into this nice little spot close to many local hotels. I was glad I did so as I was quickly seated at the bar and received great service. The only slight downer were the people next to me. HELLO! You don't sit at a bar to ignore people. Definetly not locals!
My food, a ham and cheese omlette with carmelized onions and roated red peppers, was fresh and plentiful. With just enough cheese and lean ham, the eggs were perfectly folded and fluffy. The hashbrowns (included) were crunchy and thick-cut, just the way I like them. Also included was a nice portion of fresh fruit. The java was just strong enough. My only (small) gripe is I had to ask for refills each time, no offers, and the food could have been slightly warmer. The atmosphere is such that you can feel comfortable wearing jeans or slightly more business casual. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I will be back, maybe next time I'll try the yummy-looking chicken salad sandwich. I'll sit at a seat, with a friend, ensuring good company!
Try this place if you're wandering around Savannah without a clue as to where to go. Very decent food for a fair price, what's not to like?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere