“Varied menu and good seafood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vic's On the River

Vic's On the River
15 E River St, 26 E Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
+1 912-721-1000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic's On the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 722 Restaurants in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Drayton Street Ramp
Description: Vic's is located in a beautiful old cotton warehouse overlooking the Savannah River and Historic River Street. With entrances on both Bay and River Streets, we are easy to access. Pets are welcomed on our outdoor patio, where guests can dine under centuries-old Live Oaks overlooking Historic Factors Walk. Along with our spectacular views, Vic's menu reflects Savannah's Southern charm with our sophisticated take on traditional Southern cuisine and our fresh, local seafood selections. The Staff at Vic's On The River invite you to come and experience our gracious and attentive service... Where nothing is overlooked but the Savannah River. Enjoy live music in our lounge 7 nights a week, and Happy Hour at our Bar and on the Patio, Monday-Friday, 3:30-6pm
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Varied menu and good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Ate here a few nights ago. Service was very good, especially considering how busy it was. The menu is extensive with some interesting dishes. Wine list is extensive, with many bottles at a reasonable price. Food was excellent, so many places over-cook seafood, but not here. The scallops were still opaque in the center and the salmon was nicely grilled and moist. Over all one of our better dining experiences in Savannah. One drawback is that it is very noisy. I would suggest trying to get an outside table where the noise level is not as high.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Went herewith my sisters and my mom on a girls trip to Savannah. Amazing service and great food, right on the river!! Fried green tomatoes are a must! Definitely glad we stopped here for lunch.

Burlington
“A bit hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The location and the building itself are wonderful. We had a window table facing towards River Street and the nice little park area in front of the restaurant. We thought, wow, this was worth waiting for and were really looking forward to the evening as we were celebrating my birthday.

Being fans of French Onion soup, my hubby and I both had the same appetizer; it was one of the best versions of this soup we have ever had. And the biscuits they brought were also excellent.

For the main course, I had the pecan crusted flounder which was rather dry. I think it was over-cooked and my husband had scallops and risotto which he said didn't resemble risotto at all. More like instant rice with a lot of butter. Neither of us ate our mains.

Regarding the service... it was exceptionally slow. The server was very nice but I think she may have had too many tables that night as we hardly saw her. We poured our own wine and sat looking at empty bowls for a very long time; we waited for a long time again, for the main. I'm all for a leisurely meal but this was too leisurely.

We thought about dessert since we didn't eat our main courses but it was now 2 1/2 hours later and we just wanted to go back to the hotel.

Perhaps it was just a bad night but I wouldn't go back. I expect more for that price point.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Vic's was recommended by The Marriott and I was not disappointed. Because I was traveling alone, I ate in the bar. Good decision, as the bar has a view of the Savannah River. I ate there two consecutive nights. The service was friendly and efficient. I enjoyed the pianist..that was an unexpected bonus. The food was fresh and very good. I will certainly go there again if I am in Savannah.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Witney, United Kingdom
“DSPJUNE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went for lunch and were seated inside,with wonderful views of the river and outside. The food was delicious,and the service very good,a great place to eat and enjoy the scenery.Would definitely eat there again. Went back next day for coffee and cake,once again a wonderful place.
Highly recommended.