“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Philadelphia, PA
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a work/pleasure getaway. The hotel exceeded my expectations, especially since it was less expensive than everything else in the area. Room was clean AND comfortable, service was excellent, people were friendly. Loved having a kitchenette in my room to keep wine and snacks. Also loved being able to wash my clothes (for free) in the provided laundry room. Location could not have been better! Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a nice, comfy place to stay in Savannah for a reasonable price!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no view in our room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

I took my 11 year old daughter for a "girls week" in Savannah and we stayed at the Staybridge. The location could not have been any better. We were walking distance to everything the historic district had to offer. The room was clean and big enough. The small kitchen area was a nice freature. We kept snacks and drinks on hand. The breakfast was OK a little bland, but eatable The evening social had some yummy snacks.
I wish the hotel had a swimming pool, it get HOT in the South the end of June!
The one thing that I was a bit put off by was parking. The lot is secure and right next to the hotel, however valet is required at $12.00 a day. I would have been quicker for me to get my own car the one day that it was needed

On a side note: If you are a needy traveler and enjoy having all the bells and brown nosing this is not be the place for you. But if you need a nice safe place to crash after a long hot day. This is the place to stay in Savannah.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

This hotel was great. We had a corner room on the first floor. We were there fro one night and had the complementary breakfast which was ok. They charged me £5 for overnight parking and were very helpful when I asked them to bring thr car back for me to get my camera it was done without delay.

They also let me leave the car in the car park for the day while we went site seeing after check out. I wouls stay again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

I booked this hotel through Priceline for $69.00 a night.
The hotel is centrally located and smack dab across the street from the River wharf. Location could not have been better for a first timer who wanted to have easy access within the historic district. The hotel is not grand like the Hyatt...but is welcoming nonetheless. They offer valet parking in a lot for $12.00 a day or you can park on the street right out front for $3.00 all day. The rooms are quite spacious and include a full kitchen as well. There is a free buffet breakfast in the mornings and washer and dryers are available in the gym. I was highly satisfied with my stay, the cost could not be beat and the employees were very helpful and polite.

BTW...be sure to visit Isaac's at 9 Drayton for a delicious meal.

• Liked — Location and Cost
  • Disliked — My particular room did not have a view....
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Morrisville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

When my mother and I decided to take a last minute vacation focused on relaxing, we chose Savannah, Georgia. After looking at what seemed like zillions of hotels, we were excited to find a reasonable price for the Staybridge Suites in downtown Savannah. We had never stayed at a Staybridge, but the price was one of the best in the historic district. As I searched trip advisor online for reviews, this hotel was also ranked in the top five from actual guests. If you can believe it, this hotel only got better from there! First, they serve a full, hot breakfast buffet every morning: ham, bacon, sausage, coffee cake, hashbrowns, eggs, oatmeal, cold cereals, boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, waffles, and more! They varied it every day so no one would get bored. Second, on Tuesday through Thursday nights, they also serve what they called "appetizers", but in no way is this event just appetizers. One Tuesday of our stay, we had large chicken caesar salads, Wednesday was grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and Thursday was pizza night. Third, they have a secure parking garage and although there is a fee, not having to search for a parking spot (as there is not much parking in the historic district) is well worth it. They valet park for you, too. We had great experiences with their valets, too, minus one person who was REALLY slow and had no personality one time. Fourth, we were within a short walk of River Street which is full of shops and restaurants. Fifth, the front desk staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Sixth, the Staybridge has a concierge available to you throughout the day for directions and for making reservations for you on tours, at restaurants, and more. Finally, let me say our view was pretty, our room was a good size and clean, having an efficiency kitchen was useful, and any time we needed anything for the room, they got it ready for us ASAP. Overall, this was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and we were impressed! Go Staybridge Suites!!!

• Liked — The value, the extra perks, closeness to River Street and the friendliness of the employees.
  • Disliked — They allow pets and there was the one valet who was so slow in getting our car and rude to boot.
  • Stayed July 2008
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

My wife and I just visited Savannah. Staybridge was very nice. We were across the street from the River and River St. And, we could walk to almost every location in the Historic District. We highly suggest you check out Staybridge. You won't be disappointed. And check out The Cathedral of St John The Baptist. One of the most amazing things to see....

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — Mezzanine floor. Ask for something other than the "M" floor.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
lithonia, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

Me and my husband really enjoyed staying at Staybridge Suites.
Parking was great. They had a great breakfast buffet. The rooms had little kitchennetts which were really nice. But some of the cooking items were missing. The hotel employees were really nice. It was not noisy their. It was so convenniant for us to walk to the different restaurants and sites. The rooms were really clean. You can't go wrong for a weekend getaway. I recommend that when you go to Savannah stay at The Staybridge Suites. We will be going back their for Labor Day.

Brownsugar65

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — not enough valet attendants
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!