My wife & I stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites in February of 2014. Our overall experience was positive and we had no regrets staying there for a 7 day period.
We were able to start each day with a fulfilling breakfast in a nice dining area of the hotel. The breakfast was included in the price of our stay. (For those traveler spending only a night or two, the type of eggs and meat changes on a daily basis.) The rest of the wide selection remains constant.
After a day touring & exploring we would return to fresh cookies in the lobby area. Coffee was always available.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and was quiet except for some of the traffic noise coming from a busy street below. For us it wasn't much of a problem. The heating / cooling unit was a little noisy at times while listening to the TV.
The bed was comfortable.
There was no bathtub for those that might prefer one.
The hotel concierge was very friendly & informative.
The Savannah Visitors Center was a short walk from this hotel. This is a meeting place for city tours and shuttles.
We also like the location because it is about half way between the two ends of the Historical District. One day we would spend our time on the Forsyth Park side and the next we would walk around the Savannah River area.
The bus station is near the back of the Hampton Inn. My wife & I chose to ride the non-stop Airport Express Bus (Route 100X) for $1.50 each back to our flight home. I wish I was aware of this before paying $36.00 for a taxi when we first arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in Savannah Historic District is near Savannah's famous River Street, City Market, SCAD, and more. Rest easy in the comfort of your room and wake up to a hot free breakfast each day before exploring historic Savannah. On a hot day, choose to take a swim in our outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Historic District
- Hampton Inn Savannah
- Savannah Hampton Inn