We were undecided between this location and the one down near the water front (Bay Street). I'm so glad that we chose this location! There was a bit of traffic noise, but nothing to keep you awake. If need be ask for a room over looking the parking lot rather than the street and you should be fine. It was close to all of the historic sites and a super short walk to City Market which is where we ate dinner every night during our 4 nite stay. (Make sure that you have the lasagne at Corleone's - it was the worlds best and the calzones at Vinnie Van GoGo's where out of this world and only $8 each!). Also of note- this hotel was near the heart of the Art and Design school and all of the students in the area gave it a hip and lively vibe.
We did end up walking down to the Hampton on Bay St. and we noticed that there were a few more restaurants in closer proximity to that property but they were also kind of pricey, plus it was farther from the heart of the historic district.
The staff here was the friendliest of any place that we have stayed and the free soft delicious cookies in the lobby every nite served as our dessert after dinner. Of course there was the usual free breakfast in the morning - nothing gourmet but it does the trick and is a real money and time saver.
It is a highly recommended property.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Historic District
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel
- Hampton Inn Savannah
- Savannah Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in Savannah Historic District is near Savannah's famous River Street, City Market, SCAD, and more. Rest easy in the comfort of your room and wake up to a hot free breakfast each day before exploring historic Savannah. On a hot day, choose to take a swim in our outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.