“Excellent Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   603 West Oglethorpe Avenue, Cross street: Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get up to 10% off!
Ranked #31 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Gulfport, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We love Savannah and Hampton Inns. Although this Hampton isn't the closest Hampton to the Historic District it is close enough to walk. To say the staff is wonderful is an understatement. They are helpful, cordial and ready to tend to your needs. They were very kind to our 3 year old granddaughter. A first class stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Wattsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Some hotels nail it when attempting to satisfy their customers. This Hampton Inn is one of those places. When you stay here, you will raise your expectations only to find they are again met. The facility, staff, breakfast, pool, all these amenities prove that this Hampton wants to earn your business. A beautiful place with a staff to match.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Hampton on MLK for two nights and Oglethorpe and had a Great stay!!! Our reservation had gotten mis-scheduled for the day before our arrival. The front desk staff found the reservation, set it up properly and reversed the no-show charge all the while keeping a light hearted banter going. Brenda was especially helpful and even went so far as to remember our names out of a full hotel of customers. The breakfast at this Inn is nothing less than spectacular!! Fresh fruit, oatmeal, sausage, crisp bacon and eggs, freshly cooked waffles and three different strengths of coffee should be enough to please the most particular palate. A nice touch on our last morning was a pan of fried kielbasa slices (a very southern touch, and most welcome it was!!) I will be certain to stay at The Hampton on MLK and Oglethorpe when I return!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My five minutes at this location is still making me angry. My daughters and I arrived at this Hampton in error. We wanted the one on Bay Street. Which, by the way, is wonderful in every regard. The cab driver from the airport brought us here. As we pulled in I questioned the driver, if it was a safe area to walk around. He assured me it was, adding there are undercover cops everywhere. I wondered why they were needed. It was not what I expected. I asked the driver about the riverfront and he said it was not far, within walking distance. We thanked him and went inside. We were greeted by Russ. We did not have reservations. I work for an airline and fly standby, so I am never sure I will arrive at my destination on time. Russ gave me a rate, and I questioned it, knowing I was given a lower rate earlier when I called. Oh well, I thought, we are here, and lets not argue over that. We checked in, using my debit card and went upstairs. The room was dusty. My daughters were laughing at "the view". I walked over and looked out at a brick building and the parking lot. Not attractive, but we didn't plan on just sitting and looking out the window. Then I noticed a sad little pool below. At this point I knew we were in the wrong hotel. The Hampton Inn I wanted had a roof top pool. We went downstairs and explained the mistake to Russ. One of my daughters is on crutches and we wanted a location with out much walking involved. Russ said there would be no charge on my debit card, that it would show pending and then disappear. That was not what happened. It has been a week now and they still have my $160.40. I called them and was told to call back after 1:00 tomorrow and talk to Russ. I did. Russ remembered me and said he would look into it and call me back. That was 2 days ago. I have not heard from him. I do not recommend this Hampton Inn, due to it's location, dusty room, and most of all it's unscrupulous accounting.

Room Tip: Go to The East BAY STREET Hampton Inn, not this one!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was the second Hampton Inn & Suites on this trip both stays were great the rooms were large and clean. Maid staff was outstanding. Morning waffles and the sausage made with maple syrup was the bomb! The location of the hotel is within walking distance of the Savannah river. (River Street) .9 miles, but you still may want to take a cab this time of year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Savannah Historic District is a history lesson. Now,the management and staff at this Hampton were Great. My wife and I were very happy with the service from the time we arrived until the time we left. The valet took our luggage to our room and parked the car. The front desk was more than helpful with every request. The Green and Yellow tour trolley is stop number 12 just to the left of the entry to the hotel. Stop number 11 is on River Street so catch the tour trolley at stop 11 and get off at stop 12 by the hotel. We enjoyed walking the district while taking some great photos. The Pink House is just around the corner from the Inn. The food is not just cooked it is prepared and Wow.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor street side and the noise level was minimal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
suburbs of indy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Traveled to Savannah for a college visit with three 17 year old boys and another mom. We arrived to be given suite 440. Two queens and a coach. Upon opening the door we were bowled over with a smell of "arm pits" and "cat pee" as one teen described it. The night manager came up to smell for himself and casually agreed it smelled so he would see if they had another room. The FIVE of us were squeezed into a king with a sleeper for $99. We made due. In the scurry to get out we left a very expensive wireless speaker in the other room. I called the front desk and spoke with a very rude night clerk. She told me they had put someone in our old room and I would have to call housekeeping at 8am the next morning. When I called housekeeping she said they leave at 5:30 and they would not have gone in that room. I called the front desk and got the mgr who said the old room was taken out of inventory and no one was in it. She would personally go up to the room and look. Five minutes later she was knocking on my door apologizing for the rude young lady the night before.
The staff except for the one gal were FABULOUS, location is great and room two was clean just cramped. I enjoy Hampton Inn and hope they just clean it up a bit.
Would recommend just avoid 440 until they figure out the source of the stink.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!