Located a short walk to Congress Street, with its many bars, shops, and restaurants, this pleasant hotel offers spacious, well-appointed rooms and excellent service at a decent price. The lobby area has an antebellum feel, with tropical accents and a large breakfast room where guests can enjoy the usual Hampton Inn hot or cold morning fare. The rooms include a desk area, small refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave. Bathrooms are roomy and have a large shower. Mine was showing its age a bit, with inexpertly applied caulking and some wear around the bottom of the shower door, but it wasn’t a major problem. The staff are very friendly and helpful (I was allowed to print some documents in the manager’s area). There’s a small outdoor pool and patio, plentiful parking, and free WiFi throughout the hotel. There’s no bar or restaurant, but a few amenities can be purchased at the desk. Adjoining the hotel is a gas station and mini-mart, but avoid the mini-mart: much of the merchandise has no labeled prices, especially the wines, and the somewhat ill-tempered cashier “looks up” items on a computer to give you the prices (I suspect he just makes them up on the spot depending on your tourist-like appearance). I “tried” prices on some wines and they were outrageous: $23 for a bottle that normally costs $8-9, and $16 for a bottle of really cheap stuff that usually goes for $5 in WalMart or elsewhere. Instead, do what I did: turn right out of the hotel on Oglethorpe (not left), and walk about three blocks to another gas station with a larger market, where everything is very reasonably priced (and labeled) and there’s a good selection: I bought half a gallon of Dasani water for $2 and bottle of Barefoot wine for $7. There’s also a walk-in refrigerated room for cold beer, wine, or champagne. Send a message to the unscrupulous owner of the mini-mart next to the hotel and don’t shop there. But do stay in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in Savannah Historic District is near Savannah's famous River Street, City Market, SCAD, and more. Rest easy in the comfort of your room and wake up to a hot free breakfast each day before exploring historic Savannah. On a hot day, choose to take a swim in our outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Historic District
- Hampton Inn Savannah
- Savannah Hampton Inn