“My BEST Savannah Business Experience YET!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast
554 East Taylor Street, 210 West Wayne Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“My BEST Savannah Business Experience YET!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

I had to come to Savannah recently for a week-long business trip. Generally, I stay at a larger hotel on Brougthon Street (the "Main Street" of Savannah) but they were unable to accomodate me for the entire week. A friend suggested I check http://www.armstronginns.com and I am so glad I took their advice! I am a convert! The individualized attention was amazing. There is a standard of excellence with Armstong Inns that is without peer. The attentiveness and thoroughness of the staff was amazing. I was even able to bring my dog on this trip! In fact, the woman who cleaned my suite daily played with my dog each time she came which was great as I was in meetings all day each day. The nightly rate is astonishing when you consider all you get. In addition to a beautiful and uber-convenient location, upon arrival I discovered a bowl of fresh fruit, pastries, croissants, bagels, raisin bread, muffins, wine, cheese, candy and sherry (all of which is replenshied daily upon request). I will certainly stay at any of the Armstrong Inns for all my future visits.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

What an amazing place! We stayed at the Chatham Suites on Chatham square. Built in 1854 with a million dollar view of the square. There were five of us for a week long stay and stayed on all three floors. The house an be rented as one unit or be split can be rented separately. Noise could be an issue if you're on the ground floor and have noisy guests above. The girls stayed on air mattresses while we slept in the "princess bed." It was a beautiful BnB with every detail looked after. Spent the first hour taking pictures before it was "lived in." Sweet treats to eat as well as croissants, bagels, coffee cake and cheese to eat for breakfast. The have little glass bowls of cream cheese, several types of jam, all individually wrapped and labeled, nice touch. Sherry to drink each night as well wine. It pained me to leave the house each day to tour Savannah. I found myself, each morning, languishing in bed or over tea and sweets. Our host, Monique, was a delight, offering nice places to eat and things to do. Promptly at 10 am, guest services would phone and ask if there were any special request. Try the home made fruit salad and the cranberry bran bread, to die for. Each room has a journal where past guest write a brief description of their stay and things to see and do. A great read with wonderful tips. I love the fact that a newlywed couple left a slice of wedding cake in the freezer for their return trip on their first anniversary. There is no down side, charming, quaint, BnB. If the house were for sale, I would have signed the papers already.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

Armstrong Inns really should be rated more highly on here than what they are. I'm hoping this review will give them credit where credit is due. If you want the privacy of your very own beautiful home with breakfast and desserts delivered to you, then this is your place! We stayed at the Dresser Palmer House for night one of our stay just so we could gather info about Savannah before heading off on our own. If I knew what I know now, we would have stayed with Armstrong the whole trip.

Armstrong apparently is comprised of different houses. We stayed in the Tatnall House (10-15 min walk from river), which is a 2 bedroom, one bath house. Since it was just my husband and I, we just stayed in one bedroom. If you need to use both, you just pay extra. We stayed in our own house for about the same as the nice B&B rooms, perhaps even for less than a few charged. This was seriously a great deal!

Breakfast is there when you arrive and consists of bagels. crossiants, fruit etc... There is also a seperate (yum!) plate of sweets such as homemade brownies, danishes and chocolate chip cookies. Wine and cheese is left as well. If you run out of any milk, juice, bagels etc..., all you do is call and they will drop more off the next day. They also provide daily maid service. The breakfast was plenty for us.

The Tatnall House: It is as it is pictured on the web site. It has an exposed brick kitchen, outdoor, private courtyard, upteen fireplaces, a beautiful dining room, nice living room, and more than adequate bedrooms. I only have 3 complaints: The bed was a bit awkward for me because I have never slept on a feather mattress and would generally prefer high count cotton vs. slippery silk sheets. My husband, on the other hand, would have us with the same bed at home. I did sleep fairly well in it though, but it would have been better if it were a king sized bed. Second, the water as another reviewer mentioned, does not stay hot for long, but has great water pressure. If you need more than a 10 minute shower, you may get chilly. Also, of concern to some, it is worth mentioning that the only bathroom is upstairs. This was only a bit of a problem for me because I have injuries to both knees. Last, the pilot lights were not lit in the fireplaces. They were not fixed that evening, but Monique (the owner) was very pleasant about lightning them the next day. Unfortunately, the bedroom one failed after 5 mins and they are on a timer with a slightly annoying ticking noise.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, the complaints still did not warrant us dropping our rating to above avg vs excellent. We really enjoyed the details of the house. It wasn't some thrown together house for a renter. It showed pride and genuine care for its guest's comfort. It was a delight to our senses. There were games, china, food, ivy growing on the outside, shaving cream, a folder full of info...I'll let you discover the rest for yourself. I'm a picky person and it is very difficult for me to rate any place with five stars, but this one is deserving. If you like beautiful old homes, Savannah is a great destination for you and Armstrong Inns, at least the Tatnall House is a superb old house to call your home away from home.

• Liked — Beautiful House with a lot of privacy
  • Disliked — shower water got cold too soon for me
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed in the Garden Suite of the Armstrong Inn for 5 nights and completely fell in love with the place. We didn't enjoy Savannah as much as we had hoped, however the Suite definitely made up for it.

Its located in a beautiful area of Savannah, not far from Forsyth Park. The bed was amazing, the art on the walls of the Suite was beautiful, and the staff and owners were wonderful people who were so very helpful.

The kitchen was always fully stocked, and housekeeping always called before coming to make sure they wouldn't bother us if we were in, as well as to see what in the kitchen needed restocking.

The use of a full sized washer and dryer in our suite was extremely handy, as we had been already travelling for a week and were in desperate need of laundry facilities.

Unfortunately we will probably never return to Savannah, but if we were to, we would most definitely stay here again

• Liked — The room ammenties and location
  • Disliked — Small bathroom with no bathtub, shower only
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
lindseylou5880
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

I just want to start out by saying that our trip would not have been half as amazing as it was, had we have not stayed in the Garden Suite at the Armstrong Inns. I have stayed in many B&B's all over the country and nothing compares to the privacy, beauty, comfort and style of the Armstrong Inns. Monique Armstrong has thought of every single little thing you would need to have to make your vacation perfect. The bed is heaven and it will take all of your energy to get out of it! The Garden Suite is perfectly romantic with it's huge fireplace and cozy style furnishings. As one of the other writers put, it is so nice that you have your breakfast there in your room so that you can get up when you please and choose from one of the many pastry choices and eat as many as you like! The suite was also in a great location. You walk right out the door onto Chatham Square, which is so beautiful and peaceful. Also you are close to some of the prime places you will want to visit like Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House, Forsyth Park, Six Pense Pub, Mercer House, and much much more. Everything is in walking distance and there is no better way to experience Savannah than walking. From growing up only staying at the nicest of places I will say that the Garden Suite has definitely been my favorite. There is no better way to stay in Savannah than in a B&B and no better B&B than the Armstrong Inns.

• Liked — the amazing bed and beautiful decor!
  • Disliked — nothing! It was perfect!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beulah, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

Barbara & I stayed at the Garden Suite (4 nights) & the Carriage House (3 nights) during the Christmas holiday. We basically dislike the whole B&B scene (mandatory breakfasts times, made up conversations with people you do not know nor see again, etc) but the Armstrong is quite different. You have your own place & it is like a small "home". The Garden Suite has a bedroom, sitting room, breakfast nook & outside garden. The Carriage House had a sitting room, kitchen, patio & upstairs bedroom. You share this space with... no one! We enjoyed the Garden Suite most since it was right on Chatham Square, one of 28 squares that comprise Savannah's historic district. You could walk everywhere - Savannah River, Bay Street, Market Place, etc. You had your own breakfast (bagels, muffin, juice, etc.) which carried you through to dinner. Great food in the city - try Vic's on the River, the Cotton Exchange, Olde Pink House. Take a carriage ride around the historic district to give you a "feel" for Savannah & a sense of direction.

And Monique is such a wonderful hostess! My wife was recovering from a broken left ankle so her ankle was a tad tender on our fifth day. Monique offered to take us to the river so Barbara did not have to walk. Imagine two people sitting in the back of her old classic Cadillac being driven around Savannah by a gorgeous French Canadian woman! Wonderful.

• Liked — History of the buildings/setting
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
king,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

december 11,2007
just returned from our first trip to savanah ga, our trip was the best vacation that we have ever been on. the armstrong inns and their staff were wonderful and a pleasure to stay with. satin sheets,4 working fire places,in house breakfast,private garden and sitting area, daily calls to see if you needed anything from housekeeping, groceries, etc. we were there 4 nites and wish we could have stayed 4 more..... we will definetly return to savanah and the armstrong inns bed and breakfast... i would highly reccommend calling madam monique or kristin to book your next vacation at their armstrong inn... a++++++++++++ proprty and staff.... all in the middle of historic district, short walking distants to anything you want to do or see...

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!