“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida, United States
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We are a family of four (two teenage daughters), and stayed at the Tatnall House over Thanksgiving. We loved the personal care we received by Monique Armstrong and her staff. The house is an experience on its own, and a far better one than any big chain hotel. The beds would make a "princess on a pea" very happy, they are extraordinary! The rooms are furnished with personally selected antiques, the art work on the walls created by Monique's husband. There are books and board games as well as a dvd selection to browse through. The kitchen is well equipped. Breakfast and dessert treats prepared by Chef Doreen were left in our fridge every afternoon for the following day. They were exceptional!! The location in Savannah's historic district is perfect. You don't need your car to get to the main sights, the area is beautiful to walk through. Staying in the Armstrong Inns was the best decision we could have made!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Bonjour les Miamiens,

Thank you very much for your inspiring review. I will pass it on to the staff. If I compare my B&B to a Birthday cake, my staff is the icing on the cake. We are blessed. Thanks to our wonderful guests like you.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season overflowing with Love, with Peace and Good Health.

Monique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at the Jenkins House with my brother and his wife to celebrate our anniversaries together. The treats and breakfasts were delicious and we had plenty of room to celebrate together and have alone time too. We will definitely come back to stay again!

Hello Jodi,
You are the romantics of the romantics. I do not know how it sounds in English. It sounds beautiful in my French mind. I did not miss the tears in your sister-in-law’s eyes before your brother in law hold her tenderly in his arms. So romantic! Thank you.
May the Christmas Season fills you with Love, Peace and Joy.

Many returns!

Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our second anniversary at the Armstrong Inn. The experience was wonderful. Our room was tastefully decorated and packed with amenities. The location was perfect, within easy walking distance of all of Savannah's best sights. Parking was ample. The prepared meals served by our hosts were top drawer. We especially liked the fireplace located in our cozy room. Our experience was so wonderful that we would certainly return in the future. The Armstrong Inn comes with our highest recommendation!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Jonathan and Amy, Thank you for your helpful feedback. Indeed, the fireplaces are roaring at the Armstrong Inns this week. The guests get up at their leisure, turn on the gas fireplace and make plans for activities in town later on in the afternoon. No hurry… C’est la belle vie! As French Canadians go for.

My best wishes for a great Thanksgiving, seasoned with Love and good health.

Ann Arbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My sisters and I decided to spend the weekend together in Savannah, we're not typically B&B guests, but after reading reviews on The Armstrong Inns decided to stay at the Jenkins House. The house is beautiful with exceptional attention to detail, and the breakfast and treats are delicious. If you're looking for a private and relaxing stay don't hesitate to stay at The Armstrong Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello Jayne, Indeed, you are like typical Armstrong Inns guests. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with other members of Trip Advisor. We wish you and your families a wonderful Holiday Season. Monique,
Fonthill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and i just spent four nights in the Jenkins House and were totally blown away with the service, food and accommodations. It was far more than we ever expected. The house was absolutely beautiful, clean, furnished elegantly and the modern kitchen was well stocked. We were spoiled with the big breakfasts and the extra treats. On site parking was provided so we didn't have to park on the street and the bed was to die for - so comfortable we didn't want to get up in the morning. Monique was a dream to work with - she was very easy to contact and she provided lots of helpful information re: dining and tours. We were within walking distance to everything and the city is BEAUTIFUL! I would love to return in the spring to see it all in full bloom. Thank you Monique for everything, our stay could not have been better and you could not have been a more gracious hostess!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour les Canadiens,
I read that there is a chance that you have a snow shower tonight in Fonthill. Today, the high was 82 degres down here. A cold front will visit the Low Country next Sunday. Right in time for Thanksgiving and the lighting of the Armstrongs Christmas Tree outside. I love the whole Holiday Season. When the inns are dressed with the Holiday Spirit, I fly to Canada for a few days, to spend a little time with my family and grand children. I find Christmas time in Montreal very special.

Your review inform readers that you enjoyed staying in a private historic townhome while enjoying all B&B services and amenities. I can imagine myself experiencing something like that during a stay in Montpellier or in the old Lyon, or in the Alpes. La crème de la crème, as they say in Lyon.
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with other members of Trip Advisor. Your review is quite an encouragement for us at the Armstrong Inns.
We wish you a great Holiday Season seasoned with Peace, Joy, Love and Good Health
Monique,
Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our birthdays (yes, we were born a day apart) at the Carriage House of the Armstrong Inns and what a divine weekend it was! We spent three glorious days at Monique"s beautiful Carriage House being pampered with treats, delicious breakfasts and attention to detail that is simply not found at most bed and breakfast inns. The Carriage House is private and feels like a secret sanctuary right in the city of Savannah. You are close to everything the city has to offer yet tucked away from crowds. The place is spotless, with two gas fireplaces, a claw foot tub with a rain shower and the bed is heaven on earth!
I cannot imagine what the last reviewer meant by "a funky smell and sanitation issues." My husband is extremely allergic to the point of needing allergy shots to control his reaction to allergens. If there was cat fur anywhere he'd have been in trouble. I have worked as a chef for 20 years and I personally saw the kitchen at the Armstrong Inns. It was spotless under Chef Doreen's expert control. It is unfortunate that the reviewer did not express herself at the time of her stay because I'm sure Monique would have addressed her difficulties immediately.
This was our first visit to Savannah, our first visit with the Armstrong Inns but it certainly will not be our last! If you find yourself lucky enough to travel to Savannah, do yourself a huge favor and stay at the Armstrong Inns. Jo and Tony

Room Tip: The photos of the Carriage House rooms are extremely accurate. The attached courtyard has a fountain...
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just lovely start to finish!!! Perfectly located, beautifully furnished and immaculate! The set up was ideal as we were traveling with another couple, our particular house had two suites with a common kitchen, dining room and living room. Lovely patio as well. The daily treats/breakfast were amazing!!! I'm very particular about where I stay and I was a very happy camper or should I say traveler as camping is not for me!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Indeed, you do not even go near camping sites, according to previous reviews you posted on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time to write about Armstrong Inns. It means a lot to me.
Best wishes for the coming Holiday Season.
Monique

Been to Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!