“Great time at School” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 700 Kitchen Cooking School

700 Kitchen Cooking School
Mansion on Forsyth Park, 700 Drayton Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
+1 912-721-5044
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Chef Peter Russo, director of 700 Kitchen Cooking School, presents both individuals and groups with an exclusive opportunity to enjoy entertaining and engaging culinary programs in a state-of-the-art environment. From interactive hands-on culinary classes for individuals or teams, to unique culinary programs for groups, 700 Kitchen Cooking School offers new tastes, flavors and techniques for everyone regardless of experience.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great time at School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

4 family members attended as part of Road Scholar group. As a manly man thought of not attending since I don't cook. Glad I did. Very entertaining and best food we had on whole trip. Highly recommend you attend.

Visited May 2013
cp93, Manager at 700 Kitchen Cooking School, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I too am glad you decided to join us! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recommendation of the class!

Chef Darin
Savannah, GA

San Diego, California
“Chef Darin is the Man!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Wow…fantastic!!!
I had the chance participate in a in a “low country” cooking class a few days ago and boy did I have fun. Chef Darin is hilarious and I felt like I was participating in a tv-cooking show.

I love cooking and his class was both super-enjoyable as well as very informative. I came away with a ton of new cooking tips and a very full and satisfied stomach! Put this top of your to-do list when you come to Savannah!!

Visited May 2013
cp93, Manager at 700 Kitchen Cooking School, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for joining me in the Low Country class! I'm glad to hear you felt fully immersed in the experience and took away useful skills and knowledge. It was a pleasure to share a taste of the Low Country with a Kiwi! Safe travels!

Chef Darin - Savannah, GA
Lexington, Kentucky
“Low Country Cooking School!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Chef Darin was a delight. He made the class enjoyable and was neither pretentious in his presentation nor knowledge. It was great fun and the meal was fabulous! We will definitely return and recommend to all!

Shreveport, LA
5 attraction reviews
“Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Booked this class based on previous reviews and Chef Darin definitely lived up to his #1 ranking! My wife and I had a wonderful time learning how to prepare new recipes during the Tapas, Mezze & More class. The class is educational, interactive, and most of all FUN! The best part is the end when you get to eat the delicious food! I highly recommend this class to everyone visiting Savannah in the future. The Mediterranean Spice Roasted Olives and Rosemary Shrimp Skewers were my favorites.

Savannah, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Five-Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We took a group of folks from around the country to 700 Kitchen Cooking School. Chef Darin was terrific. It's the second time I've done his class and I enjoyed it both times. He is professional, educational, entertaining, and very engaging - all at the same time. From holding a properly measured cup of flour upside-down over a persons head (well, we had a little oop's) to the proper use of a French knife and classic baking techniques. The kitchen is plenty large enough for the group to enjoy the class or wander a bit. We could choose our menu and selected all southern classic's and the folks from Seattle and Dallas loved them all. My favorite part is feeling like Darin is enjoying himself each time he does the class. Whether you are a local looking for a fun evening out, or visitors to Savannah that one a true Southern experience, I highly recommend this favorite.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for choosing to bring your clients for a hands-on class! There's nothing quite like gathering around a kitchen table over great food to relax people and help them have a good time. Food and cooking should be fun and non-intimidating and that's exactly what I strive for. THE BEST part of my work is seeing the "aha" moment in others and helping them to be inspired to get in the kitchen and cook too. I LOVE what I do and am glad that it shows!

Thanks for the compliments and for making it a part of your group activity. I look forward to the next time!

Chef Darin