Because we had to stay in more than one hotel on our trip down to Savannah, we shopped around for location and price. My son had stayed in the motel during the winter and he was okay with it. The room was comfortable, the staff was helpful and really, you can't beat the free parking. It is within walking distance to a free bus stop and to the local trolley stops. We were able to move our son in without problem from the location and then didn't need the car as we could walk to the civic center, restaurants and even to the river. The street noise is somewhat loud during the day, but not at night. It's true that people are rude enough to smoke outside of the rooms. The room itself was clean and we would stay there again. We just needed a place to sleep and didn't require other amenities. Fresh fruit with breakfast would help with the just donut menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah