My husband and I stayed a couple of nights as a side trip from St Augustine. The motel is just what it says. A remodeled retro 60"s motel. No frills, no pool, no room service, just a clean place to stay. The furniture was 60's style and the bed as very comfortable. There was coffee/juice and donuts each morning in the "far out" painted lobby. The location was good for us. It is just on the fringe of the historic district of Savannah. We walked to most things and used the trolly for areas too far to walk. We would stay there again for the convenience and the price. We have stayed in more expensive well-known motels/hotels that were worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah