My only major complaint about the Thunderbird Inn is the fact that they not only have ash trays outside each room but they also allow smoking there. The Thunderbird Inn is an old style motel with outside corridor's. If you are fortunate enough to acquire a first floor room, it is easy to avoid the people smoking outside their rooms, BUT if you are given a second level room that is not adjacent to one of the stairwells, you could be stuck holding your breath as you pass a chimney of cigarette smoke billowing from a passing guest on your way to the stairwell. They do allow pets which is a plus, the rooms are clean, the linens and towels changed daily, and in most instances well kept. We stayed there three nights and come to figure out that we must have had two different cleaning ladies, since the first and third night the fitted sheet was so poorly installed that I woke up to a bare mattress, while on the second night the fitted sheet stayed in place as it should have. The office staff is quite friendly and informative. It is a five minute walk to the free bus service and about a 15 minute walk to the heart of River Street.
If it weren't for smoking issue, I would have given the place an excellent rating. I would consider staying at The Thunderbird Inn should I ever visit Savannah with pets again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Groupon so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah