The Thunderbird Inn is a nice retro property in the historic district of Savannah, GA. Location upside is that it's a short walk across the street to the Savannah Welcome center. This was perfect as we planned on taking a trolley tour of the historic district. You can purchase tickets as well as catch the trolley right at that location. Location downside was that there is no where to eat around the hotel without getting in a car. We actually had to order food for delivery our first night then planned on eating at the Riverfront the next. The rooms were clean and retro designed but could use some updating. This is not a luxury property! I've stayed in another retro hotel with the same feel and it was far better. The moonpies and RC cola was a nice touch each evening. Never made it to the Krispy Kreme /Coffee breakfast each morning. All in all this is a nice retro budget property if you want to spend a night or two touring historic Savannah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah