“Highly Recommended !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn

You added Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   117 West Gordon Street at Chatham Square, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #21 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Highly Recommended !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband & I spent 3 nights here and it was really nice ! We stayed in The Library bedroom, cozy and clean, overlooking a quiet tree lined street. This beautifully restored inn ( actually 5 row homes converted to an inn ) is old but immaculately maintained. The breakfasts were different everyday and all of them delicious- from the blueberry pancakes to simple bacon and eggs to eggs Benedict . They also offer unlimited cold cereal and banana nut bread along with a more healthy choice like granola with fruit & yogurt. Every afternoon, they put out iced tea and snacks and if you're around at 8pm, the aroma of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies permeates the whole house!!! Soooo good especially with ice cold milk-also on the house ! The staff were all so nice and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My daughter and I spent the weekend in Savannah and chose the inn after seeing it in Fromers travel book. After looking at their website I decided that based on location and price this was the best deal for us. So glad that I did! Everything was a delight from friendly helpful staff, to tasty treats to our beautiful comfortable room. Location is great; about a block and a half from Forsyth Park in a quiet area. Can't say a negative thing and we will both be visiting again soon with our husbands in tow.

• Stayed July 2012
Sturgeon Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

There's something you need to understand about this B&B. It is NOT a luxury B&B! You will pay 2 - 3 times more to stay at one of Savannah's many lovelier inns. However, this B&B is a very quaint facility comprised of five row houses built in 1858 and several carriage houses. There WILL be stairs involved--sometimes many. The value rooms are all two floors of steep, narrow steps. However, this B&B met our needs perfectly, and we were very satisfied customers! We took the incredible $99 Manager's Special and were given the Pulaski Room--a value room. We did not have to move during our 4-night stay. Other than badly needing a fresh coat of paint, the room was charming and spacious. We loved the exposed brick. The rooms here all have very large bathrooms with a sink vanity that has many drawers for storage. The closet was well-sized for such an old house. The main dining area has many antiques but is not fancy. We found it charming. Breakfast is not overly imaginative, but it is very good! We especially appreciated the option of taking the "Healthy Breakfast" every day, which was comprised of fresh fruit, yogurt and a light, homemade granola. Delicous. The B&B is located in a wonderful, quiet part of the historic district--just a block from the infamous Mercer House and two or so blocks from beautiful Forsyth Park. You are about 3/4 a mile from the River. We loved this inn and will be back for future stays! We especially loved the fact that it seemed like we were coming back to a home rather than a hotel after our long days out and about. I do not recommend this B&B for people who cannot handle stairs.

Fleming lsland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was the second time my husband and I stayed here. The first time it was nice, this time it was terrible. We stayed in the Telfair room, checked in, put our bags in our room and immediately left to meet up with family, we were having a family reunion. We returned late that evening and got a good look at our room, OMG, the dirt and I do mean dirt, it was everywhere. There was dust on everything: mantel, lamps, furniture, top of the headboard was covered and I mean covered with dust, carpet, no dust ruffle on bed, so we could see under the bed while sitting in the chair and there was a Thick Coat of dust under the bed, and for the floor, yuck-I dropped something on the floor and when I went to pick it up, my hand was filthy. When I told my husband about the floor by the chair, he moved the chair and what a huge collection of dust bunnies, I probably could have made a stuffed bunny just from that collection. The faucet in the bathroom was filthy, there were long and short hairs all over the bathroom windowsill. The cloth shower curtain was on backwards and not all the curtain rings were attached. One of the lightbulbs were out in our ceiling fan. When I went to move the telephone over on the nightstand, there was some kind of a large spill of sticky stuff all over the table. I have never in all my life stayed in such a dirty place. I also found a large medicine pill in our room, which also hadn't been cleaned up. Thank goodness we didn't have children that might have found the pill first. If it wouldn't have been so late when we got back to our room, we would have checked out. We were two buildings down from the main building, upstairs, the railiing was lose and it was scary holding on to it, as it was shaking while hold on to it. There is no access from our building to the patio, unless you go down several stairs, go outside down the street, up more stairs to the main building, down more stairs just to get to the patio area. This takes away from wanting to spend a romantic evening on the patio, what a walk. Ice machine had been broke for at least two days, that I know of. At breakfast while drinking my cold coffee, I could see dust on the other chairs and on the hearth. My husbands poached eggs were overcooked and I got yogurt and fruit, which was the same thing that I ate two years ago when we visited there first. No curtains on the windows, just valances, so needless to say, not the best way to keep the sun out. The 12:19 AM street sweeper, scared me out of bed and you could hear alot of car street noise, so sleeping was difficult. I know that the owner lives there, which is amazing to me that he would allow such dirt and filth in his B&B. I'm guessing that he Doesn't want people to be repeat visitors, because why would he allow his B&B to become so dirty. Word of mouth is everything these days and some people do read these reviews. I think that the owner needs to get new housekeepers or train the old ones, because the quality of his B&B has gone down hill in my opinion beyond belief. In all honesty, our romantic stay was ruined, because I just couldn't get past all the filth I saw. Thanks Alot. Little touches are everything and you offer Nothing!!!!!!!!! I know that my husband said something to the lady when he checked out and he said that she was writing it down, But I know that he didn't go into all the details that I have. I am just so disappointed in our visit.

Room Tip: Stay Somewhere Else Or Ask To See Your Room Before Checking In And Paying.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob_McAlister, Owner at Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Inn as much on your return visit. My cleaning staff try hard to please our guests and were sad to read your review. My inspection of the room revealed minor issues but no serious cleaning problems. Reading this and your Savannah reviews, it is clear that you were very unhappy in Savannah. In the hope that you will have a better time on another visit, I am sending you a gift certificate for a free stay.
Locust Grove, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We booked a 4 night stay in the Tomochichi room. It was alittle small, but ok for our needs. It is on the ground level which was nice. Savannah B&B is in a great location. Just a block from Forsyth Park and the Mercer Williams house of the "Midnight in the garden of good and evil" fame. If you want to tour the M/Williams house its $12.00 and you only get to tour the ground floors. 4 rooms I think. Not really worth the price. Savannah B&B Inn has nice little courtyards which were nice for sitting in the mornings or evenings. The staff were nice. We only ate the breakfast once which was ok. We mostly at breakfast out at Panera Bread (which is a few blocks walk) or IHop. Parking can be a pain. With the street sweepers, you REALLY have to look at the signs posted to know what side of the street you can park on and when. The B&B will cover your parking. We got there early, so we couldn't check in and decided to walk a round a bit. Got caught in a rain storm and rushed back to the car only to find that we had a $15.00 parking ticket! We were 10 min. late on the meter. Live and learn. All and all it was a nice stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed for about five nights in the Mercer room, which was an upstairs room one house down from the main building. The room was very cozy and comfortable, the courtyards were lovely, and the place overall had a nice, home-y feel. The location was to die for, just one block from both Forsyth Park and the Mercer Williams House, and everything else was easily within a walking distance from our room. Our only complaint was that the walls are very thin, so you can hear people coming up and down the stairs all night, which can be a bit of a problem if your neighbors are late-night partiers. The person in the room above us was constantly making noise during all hours of the night, and at one point it sounded as if someone was throwing suitcases down the stairs and slamming the doors. Although these things made us lose some sleep a few nights, the overall stay was very enjoyable and we'll definitely recommend the inn to friends and family!

Room Tip: Definitely pick a room in one of the carriage houses in the back, I feel they probably hear less noi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed two nights in the Red Cottage, which was a two-room outbuilding: living room/kitchenette on the ground floor and bedroom on the second level. Charming, comfortable, private, nice walk through the courtyard. The location was excellent: we walked everywhere in the historic quarter. Staff, overall, was very courteous (though little attention for the first 15 minutes at breakfast the first morning, when we didn't know the routine and they weren't quite ready). Food was good and it was great to have a healthy option, and nice to have snacks in mid-afternoon and evening.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!