“Free Shuttles to Savannah!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites - Savannah (West)

You added Baymont Inn & Suites - Savannah (West) to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites - Savannah (West)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   357 Main Street, Savannah, GA 31408   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #51 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
St. Louis, MO
“Free Shuttles to Savannah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Rooms are spacious, well decorated and all have 42" flat screens on the wall. Standard morning breakfast with waffles, breakfast sandwiches, cereals, and fresh fruits. Free internet in lobby helped with staying in touch. Pool/hot tub area nice, clean, and refreshing. Not a great (looking) location, but close to Savannah and Tybee Island and very reasonably priced!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

My mom and I took a trip to Savannah and booked this hotel. It was pleasant at first, but when we went to our room. . . .the troubles began. The rooms look nothing like they do in the website photos. We asked for nonsmoking rooms, but the room smelled like smoke. There were spots on the floor, and the bathroom was not as clean. We changed rooms THREE times, each time very disappointed. The last room they gave us had spots on the sheets.
We asked them to just let us check out because the smell gave my mom and I headaches. They charged us for leaving, and got an attitude with us. We tried to callback and ask to speak to the manager LATOYA who was very rude and said she doesn't smoke and the rooms didn't smell like smoke to her, but mind you she wasn't there the day we checked in. We asked to speak to the owner she wouldn't let us and we call to ask to speak to him again she said he was out and we asked if we could leave a voicemail she said he didn't have one. Yeah right? So I would NOT recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
san francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

I selected this hotel because of the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. Tripadvisor has served me well in the past, but this time I was disappointed! The reviews I had read about the hotel location were correct, but now there were problems!

The Good: The hotel was close to Savannah's historic district (about 5 minutes by car), but without the price (downtown hotels = $200 to $300 vs. $79 at Baymont Inn). They have a shuttle which is good, but you have to schedule your trip 1 hour in advance. Not the most flexible situation for travelers. Also, the area between the hotel and downtown was pretty gritty, so if you stay there and drive downtown, drive fast and don't stop. Yes, parking downtown is a pain, but possible if you work at it (I found a good spot in only 15 minutes).

Now for the disappointing part... With all of the excellent reviews I was expecting to have a spare but CLEAN room. This was not the case. The rug looked dirty--like it had been steam cleaned one to many times. I was glad I had flip flops because I didn't want to walk on it. Next, the shower floor was sticky and you could see the dirt stuck to the bottom--it needed a good scrubbing! There was mold growing on the some of the tiles and there was something running down the wall by the trash can that should have been wiped off by housekeeping. In addition, the room had a funky smell and looked like it had seem better days. There was also a strong smoke smell in the bathroom that was coming in through the vent from another room.

In closing, I suspect the hotel was "as reported" in earlier reviews, but because of those reviews it's seen A LOT of traffic which has worn the hotel and rooms down. I won't stay here again. It was gross and I didn't want to touch anything. It's a shame because the people at the hotel were very nice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Stayed at Baymond Inn & Suites - Garden City - overnight. Price was $60 for which we got a nice, large, clean room overlooking the pool. Breakfast was good with pleanty of food. The hotel location is not the most beautiful but safe and very conveniently located to Savahhan (about 5 to 7 minutes by car). Hotel offers free shuttle into Savannah. Front desk staff were very pleasant. For the money it was an excellent choice. Did not use the pool it it looked very nice surrounded by trees. Free internet in the room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Located in an industrial area with almost no amenities, this is very convenient to the Convention Center on Hutchinson Island -- as quick as being downtown. There's no valet parking, but you get a free breakfast and, at least in the lobby, free internet. This is my regular convention hotel -- as long as I have my own car. less than ten minutes to River St, and traffic is not a concern.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We liked some things about the Baymont very much and didn't like others. Over all, it was a very affordable hotel in a pricey area only 3 miles from downtown with a great free shuttle service to and from the downtown. Additionally, the Old Town Trolley picks up and returns guests from to this hotel. We truly appreciated these services which enabled us to park the car and leave it at the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful: the desk clerks and the shuttle driver. Very accommodating and went out of their way to solve problems and answer questions. The room I was given had a very smoky smell even though it was a non-smoking room. The staff persisted and let me try different rooms until I found one that smelled OK. (The halls still smelled like smoke.) The breakfast was adequate: waffles, breads, pastries, cereal but no eggs/meat. Not sure about fruit. The A/C was very appreciated but it was loud at night. The computer and Internet service was available for use and again very much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Ours stay there was from Sat May 30th to Tues June 2nd, as we celebrated our tenth (10) wedding anniversay. The following employees made our stay there one that my wife and I will never forget. They were very friendly, polite, professional and extended themselves above and beyound the call of duty!!!!! There names are: Shakera, LaToya,
Crail, Mike and Kent.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites - Savannah (West)? Share your experiences!