“Nice place could be friendlier at ticket desk” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 100 Attractions in Savannah
Type: Science Museums, Zoos & Aquariums
swainsboro
4 attraction reviews
“Nice place could be friendlier at ticket desk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This had such wonderful interesting items to view. The children loved it. It's a long way out. Of the way so when we asked questions at the desk the lady acted like we were bothering her. But could of been a bad day. I loved the aquariums and thought it was interesting

Savannah, Georgia
55 attraction reviews
“Marine science day is the day to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This review is late but marine science day is the day to visit this aquarium... they have lots of activities for the kids, behind the scenes tour, nature trails, venders set up, lots of staff to teach the kids about the animals. There should be another coming in october 2012.

Visited October 2011
Cairo, Georgia
43 attraction reviews
“Long drive but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

While it is about a 25 minute drive from the Historic District, the UGA aquarium is worth a trip. Admission is six dollars and you get to see a wide range of aquatic life. They have everything from fish, turtles, and a octopus. You can also walk the nature trail that winds through a forest. The trail has a dock overlooking a river as well. My wife and I enjoyed our visit there, I'm sure you would too.

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
“I've been in peoples homes with more fish than that”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Since it was a university affiliated program, I really expected more. We drove about 25 minutes from Savannah to get there. Spent $6 per adult and literally had to stretch out each of the 8 tanks to make it last for 30 minutes. When I asked the woman at the desk if there was more to see, she replied "we have a nature walk". It was close to 100 degrees that day, sunny and there were a lot of bugs out. I hate to bash a program that is probably already way under funded but I can't honestly say I would go back for that experience again.

Orlando, Florida
“Very small but intimate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Okay, so you have to drive a good way from Savannah to get there, and it's basically just two rooms, but I still had fun looking at the aquatic life up close. There is also an area to touch some crabs and snails in the water, which was fun. $6 a piece may be a tab overpriced, but you also get access to the nature trail. It was too hot to go very far, but my wife liked it. Overall, if you are an animal lover, it's not the worst decision you can make :)

Visited July 2012

Travelers who viewed University of Georgia's Marine Education Center and Aquarium also viewed

Savannah, Georgia Coast

Been to University of Georgia's Marine Education Center and Aquarium? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage University of Georgia's Marine Education Center and Aquarium, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.