“Styishly Original” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
San Jose, California
“Styishly Original”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Immediately on check in, one takes in the ambiance of this hip, upbeat hotel: happy, helpful staff, original paintings and décor and urban mood music.

The hallways are adorned with eye-catching, contemporary original pieces of art and my room had original stylish decoration. The bathroom had a large bath with big shutters that opened up into the room. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable.

In the evening it was enjoyable to have a glass of wine and an hors d'oeuvres in the longue adjacent the lobby -- the bar tender was very professional and friendly. For breakfast, the associated restaurant next door serves a lovely, high calibre breakfast (at a reasonable price). This hotel is opposite a delightful park.

The only thing that was a little troubling was the feeling that the hotel was trying to make money on "extras." For example there were bath salts next to the bath that if you were not careful to read a note on the bubble bath next to it, cost $25 to use (which I accidently used without realising the cost). The bottled water was expensive, and the WIFI is not free (although, I must add that the front desk was kind enough to comp for me). However, all said and done, this is a wonderful hotel; I enjoyed my stay here and would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel was truly beautiful. The art and the decor of the grounds are spectacular. The staff was very friendly and accommodating..The rooms were large and spacious and very modern…The room service was great and very quick and the prices were reasonable. The only down side is the hotel is a good walk from the downtown and river-front area where all of the shopping and other restaurants are…A great hotel for a getaway with your wife or partner, but not a hotel with a family. It is difficult for a family to get around. The hotel is not a great chose if you have kids bc the environment is very chic and does not lend itself for kids….

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I travel the world and stay at some of the best hotels...this is not one. This is among the worst. Their moto should be over promise and under deliver. It's a nice enough property...not worthy of 4.5 stars...maybe 4 on a good day.

The good:
Hotel is interesting with decent sized rooms. Well appointed. Bar is cute with good service. Restaurant staff was great and really enjoyed our food.

And now for the bad:
Paid for a delux room and had a confirmation stating so. I was told by the guy at check in and then his manager that the third party from whom I purchased my room was to blame. That honestly held no water for me. I was able to prove to them that I had, in fact, paid for a delux room. They had no delux rooms for me until the following day when They offered to move me. Better than nothing. I check into my Standard room only to find it had not been cleaned! Disgusting!! Even the bell guy was upset. Manager offered to move me, but I told her to just clean my room. She said she would send up champagne for my trouble. Guess what...never came. Crowning blow was when our keys stopped working and I had to stand in another 30 minute check in line before the useless woman who seemed to be doing paperwork acknowledged me so I could go back to my standard room.

I love savannah, but this hotel needs serious help.

Stayed November 2013
Newport, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I just left this hotel yesterday after a two-day stay. My sister is there on business and I was able to tag along. Neither of us normally stay in a posh hotel, so it was an awesome treat! From the time you walk in to the time you walk out, the experience is like no other! We were greeted promptly in the driveway by a friendly valet. It costs a little extra for the service, but worth it! Then, we no sooner walked in the door and had 3 people welcome us and carry on a conversation. Very, very friendly and straight up Southern hospitality at it's finest. We requested a room with a whirlpool tub and 2 queen beds. I think the bathroom was almost as big as the room!! It was spectacular! There were a set of smaller doors that opened up right next to the tub. From the whirlpool tub, you could actually see the TV. I took advantage. ;) The room was decorated nicely in old Southern chic, yet modern, and gave a warm, welcoming feeling. It is located on Forsyth Park which is Savannah's most famous square. It is within walking distance to a few different restaurants and some sites. It is a beautiful area with cobblestone roads and sidewalks. It is quite a bit out of my budget, so I'm not sure if I'll get to stay there again. But, if I ever get the opportunity, I just might have to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
macon, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Beautiful hotel with extremely comfortable and wonderfully decorated rooms. We were in a corner king bed room on the concierge level. The bathrooms are very nice with separate soaker tub (very large tub) and shower and water closet. The concierge room is being renovated so the service was in the hotel restaurant, which was a tad inconvenient. The difference in price was only $10 so the concierge amenity was well worth it. If the price had been much more, then probably not. The evening presentation was scant and consisted of assorted cheeses and crackers, fruit, and mushrooms with your choice of beverage (only 1 cocktail per). The breakfast consisted of assorted pastries, bagels, fruit, scrambled eggs, and bacon.
Our one complaint was the location. It is quite a hike to river street and the shopping on Broughton St. There is a shuttle that runs to its sister hotel, the Bohemian, but we always seemed to have just missed it.
Seems like this hotel is a hub for weddings. We were here on a Tuesday and we saw two brides check in and were told that there were 3 wedding parties booked that weekend. I can see how if you were just one couple there on the weekend and not a part of a wedding party how you might get lost in the shuffle. Might check how many weddings are there if you are planning on staying there on a weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

An extremely FUN hotel experience. Cool bathtub, shower etc. It's a new hotel with the exterior built to appear old. Bummer to return home to a bed that was not as comfortable as the bed at the Mansion on Forsythe!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Came in for the rock n roll marathon and this was one of the race hotels. This is probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Everything was so interesting from the original artwork on the walls to the unique furniture throughout. Our room was clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were modern and big. The bed was great and I slept well. Be cautious of the minibar as it has sensors. If anything moves your room will be charged, as I found out on our bill. I'm assuming that the maid service bumped something and we were charged. However, the front staff took it off the bill. Make sure to have Gavin make you an old fashion in the bar. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!