“Dog Friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Dog Friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four nights over Thanksgiving weekend. We were on the concierge floor with our medium sized dog. The food on the concierge floor was good and we only went out for breakfast one time during our stay. The staff and guests loved our dog and he got lots of loving attention from everyone. We ate in the bar with him a couple of times and the food was great. It is a good location if you like to walk a lot which we do. The park across the street is beautiful and a great place to walk the dog. The concierge helped us out twice with activities. The valet service was perfect. Our car was always waiting when we were ready to go. I enjoyed the spa one morning. The bathroom in the room is perfect. I loved the shower head and the size of the bathtub was perfect for long soaks. The hotel provided champagne for my birthday. I would definitely stay there again and I know my dog, Jack, would love to go back and see his friends. The only reason the stay was not perfect was that the fitted sheet was too small for the king bed and the sheet would come off the mattress at night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Mansion at Forsyth Park is a lovely place to stay from the art throughout to the plush beds. The service here truly sets it apart. Everything I asked for was provided promptly and courteously, from directions to a charger for my phone. We had a large group at the hotel and from what I could tell there are two types of rooms. One with a bath that can be closed off from the bedroom area and one with only curtains separating the bath and bedroom area. If you want the additional privacy make sure you request the former. The room service and bar are pricey but not out of line with what I expect from this type of facility. Starbucks coffee in the room was a welcome treat. Valet is offered at $20 per night or you can park on the surrounding streets. I was leaving when two large groups were departing and it only took minutes for valet to have my car to be loaded and ready for me. I did not use the spa but my friend called for a last minute manicure. The spa did not have any openings but they recommended someplace nearby that was great and provided directions. Exceptional all the way around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience with us. We are incredibly pleased to hear you were happy with the service you received in all areas and that you found we are truly delighted to serve.

We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Texas
1,459 helpful votes 1,459 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I spent five nights in the Mansion of Forsyth Park in Savannah; our stay was nothing short of excellent. The rooms are large, well appointed, and clean. Our particular room - 403 on the Concierge Floor - has a large bathtub and a separate shower. Everyone with whom we came into contact were friendly and possessed an attitude of service. Everyone on the hotel staff proved to be helpful and cheerful. And the restaurant - 700 Drayton - provides a wonderful dining experience. This restaurant, located in the original mansion, offers superb food and service; it was so good that my wife and I dined there on two occasions, once on Thanksgiving evening where a special menu was in place, and again on Monday evening using the regular menu. The selections were many and will satisfy almost ny appetite. If I were to offer any criticism at all about the hotel, it would be that there is a fee to use wifi; many hotels are now providing this service for free.

Room Tip: Room 403, on the concierge floor, was excellent and was just a couple of doors away from the Concier...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent experience with us and for choosing The Mansion on Forsyth Park to spend your Thanksgiving holiday. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room and our restaurant, 700 Drayton.

We hope you will choose us when you travel to Savannah again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

In Savannah on business. This is 4th time I've stayed at property, and sadly each time not as good as first.

Check in was fine and due to my Marriott level, upgraded to Club floor. Room was nice and clean as usual. Had a beer in bar area for the first time and was really surprised by excessive price. It was exactly what I'd paid two weeks before in downtown Miami. I expect that surcharge in Miami but not Savannah!

Had a nice dinner in restaurant and noticed the same beer cost less than in bar. Go figure. Anyway, had a good nights sleep and went for breakfast in Club. Not anywhere up to par versus run of mill Marriott's. Just seems with each stay the Club experience goes further south.

But, the worst was yet to come. Checked out and went to car and found it had been vandalized. I had parked right beside hotel and very disappointed to learn they have no cameras except in front and rear of hotel. So, if you do not use their valet service, your property is definitely at risk and not much sympathy from staff.

Overall, just disappointed as I want to like this place so much.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. Although we were pleased to hear that you stay with us regularly when in Savannah, we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations in our Concierge Lounge. We welcome your feedback and are interested in any suggestions you could give on what you would like to see in the lounge. I was sorry to learn that your car was vandalized during your time here. I have sent you a personal message to discuss how we may improve your next experience with us. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Alexandria VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went for girl's weekend. Beautiful property right on the park. We parked on the street and had no issues- just read the signs. They can't gaurantee beds though. Gym was fine. Pool beautiful. Great breakfast too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Darien, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

There is nothing more disturbing than to sleep in a bed a dog has slept in, feeling flees and itching all night. This hotel is beyond bizarre...the sheets to not fit the bed, the gosh decor is short of comical and at the least in very bad taste. The moment I walked into the hotel, I knew it was going to be miserable experience. In retrospect, I should have forfeited my room charge and went somewhere else. Savannah is wonderful; this hotel is on my "Do Not Stay List"

Marietta, Ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel, while well located is understaffed and poorly serviced. We were guests at a wedding and upgraded to their Club Level accommodation to enjoy complimentary breakfast and other amenities. We assumed an experience similar to the Ritz Carlton--same parent company and price point. Nothing could have prepared us for what was there. The "Club" was a small room , open vey limited hours with one frantic server - in a hoodie and sneakers - who was very apologetic that the hotel had not properly staffed up for a fully booked weekend and a wedding. No excuse in our mind for empty coffee urns, empty stainless steel mixing bowls they used for the fruit in the buffet, no cream or sweeteners , overflowing garbage can, and having to wash our own flatware and dishes by hand since there were not enough in the room. In addition to the under supplied fruit, there were pastries that looked as though they'd been picked up at the local fast food drive thru. In spite of the chaos and complaints, the next days breakfast was just the same. The evening cocktail experience was again very limited timeframe and consisted of one glass of not very good wine per guest. And I think some scattered bowls of nuts. Both check in and check out took way too long as did the valet park retrieval. The bed was comfy and the room clean but that is where we would draw the line. While we felt sympathy for the poor server alone in the lounge, we can't say overall that there was any excuse for all of the failures.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I understand from reading your comments that your recent experience with us at The Mansion on Forsyth Park was less than enjoyable. We have increased staff and continue to work on how best we can improve our Concierge Lounge. Please know that we take every guest comment seriously and value your opinion. We are committed to excellence and use your feedback to reach that goal. If I can be of any further assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact me.

Elisa Dickerson

Been to Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!