“Very nice experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Kansas City, Missouri
“Very nice experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Very comfortable beds, large rooms and baths, high end linens.
Unique decor, covered outdoor area and pool. Within walking distance to downtown and Forsyth Park.

• Stayed July 2011
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are pleased you enjoyed your time spent at The Mansion on Forsyth Park. We will look forward to seeing you again when your travels again lead you to Savannah.

Guest Experiences Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, but we got a great deal from Travelzoo! Our king room was $123 a night and included free breakfast at 700 Drayton, the excellent hotel restaurant. We enjoyed the atmosphere, the crazy art in the hotel, and the service...but this is not a family hotel! The pool is simply for dipping in, not swimming. The location on Forsyth Park is off the beaten path, which we loved, but there is not a lot of action around there. The concierge was new, and not super knowledgeable, but she tried very hard to accommodate us. The valets were wonderful. our room was nice, but I would not want to spend twice or three times what we paid for it. Surprisingly, Internet was not free...not only that, but you paid per device, not per room! For the price we paid, it was a very nice vacation from the ordinary, but I don't think I would describe it as extraordinary.

• Stayed June 2011
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
It’s so great to hear you enjoyed your vacation spent in Savannah at The Mansion on Forsyth Park. Thank you for sharing your experience. We would certainly enjoy welcoming you back should you find yourself back in our area.

Guest Services Specialist
Cambridgeshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week and enjoyed the time we spent here. The modern art collection was not to our taste, and we met no one else who liked it either. The pool was OK - small and sometimes closed for functions. The hotel is situated opposite Forsyth Park, a great location about 15 minutes walk from the nearest restaurants and half an hours walk from the main restaurant areas and the river. The hotel restaurant was very good, service and food were excellent. There are two bars, but only one open at any one time, we never managed to get a drink in the upstairs bar. Vallet parking is efficient, though $20 a day. We loved Savannah but next visit may stay near the river where more is going on.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
We are excited to hear you and your wife enjoyed your time spent in Savannah. Thanks so much for sharing a review. It is wonderful you enjoyed both the food and service offered at The Mansion. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Guest Services Specialist
san rafael, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This should be the #1 place to stay in Savannah! It has a combination of style, friendliness, creativity, great food and value. We traveled there as 2 couples that enjoy good food and stylish accommodations. I have never seen a place that has such a collection of excellent art (must be over 500 original paintings) including sculptures. The hotel was built in 2005 of red brick to look like the 19th century adjacent house that serves as the restaurant, which serves excellent breakfast and dinner in an elegant setting. The service was impeccable and a must for dinner even if not staying there. There is also a cooking school in the hotel.

There is a very small pool just to cool off. The rooms are creatively done and very comfortable. They have a soaking tub plus a glass walk-in shower with overhead rain shower head.

It is located in front of the largest park in Savannah and is about a 10 minute walk to the historic district. They do provide free shuttle to the historic district. We have traveled extensively and must say that this place was a find for us. It is not a cookie cutter hotel, but a very small chain of very unique hotels. Free in street parking, in room wifi additional.

Room Tip: Request a room above the ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
We are thrilled to hear you and your friends enjoyed your time spent at The Mansion on Forsyth Park and in Savannah. Thank you for the wonderful review. We will look forward to seeing you all again soon. Next time be sure to schedule a cooking class at 700 Kitchen School which showcases rotating themed classes.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Visit Savannah 2-3 times a year & have regularly thought of staying at the Mansion so aside from the varied reviews thought to try on this trip. Noted that pervious reviews experienced less than customer friendly service. That was not our experience. Staff were pleasant & cordial. Valet service was very quick. Our room experience was not as pleasant. We had a horrible view of dumpsters, the armoire corners were chipped, carpet was badly worn & bathroom mirror cracked in both bottom corners. May sound picky, but I like beds turned down in the evening which was not offered. Found it somewhat insulting that internet was $9.95 a day when you are paying $ for this room. Have stayed in other 4 star in Savannah (& yes I know you end-up paying in some manner) but there was no chg. for internet. The Mansion offers free shuttle service around the historic area but was only until 9:00 pm. We did not eat at the restaurants nor used the room service. We did schedule massages at the spa. The spa is very small & locker area can feel cramped if more that 2 people are trying to get changed. I received one of the best massages I have ever had! My daughter rated her experience at the spa as "o.k." because she shared that she could hear conversations outside her room which was distracting. I did not hear ancillary conversations. Glad I fulfilled my curiosity with the Mansion mystic but would not stay there again. Have found other 4 star & same $ range that were much nicer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing a review of your visit to Savannah. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time in the spa and you found our staff to be “pleasant and cordial.” We appreciate you sharing information regarding the condition of your guest room and know it has been shared with our engineering department. We do hope you and your family enjoyed your trip to Georgia.

Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I should have known better when I had to schlep my luggage to the front desk in 3 trips while the desk agent smiled at me. From there I realized there was a serious service issue. Just a few highlights, I sat down at the bar and looked to my right to find 5 pre teen children sitting at the bar with me. Walking to the pool I walked past the group of tables under a canopy all with overflowing ash trays. But my favorite was seeing the same coffee cup on a table in the lobby for 12 hours. Finally when I came down for dinner I handed it to the front desk clerk. What I thought was going to be a luxurious weekend was at best disappointing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
We apologize for the several service failures you shared in your review and that your get away with friends fell short of your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share these items. Please know they have been shared with the front office staff for immediate improvement.

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I booked a concierge level double queen room for 3 people ;Even with the special discount from AMEX I still paid a basic charge of $ 340.00.I stayed there before with my husband, but this time our 20 year old son joined us.I was not very impressed with the service the first time but the second time around I was disappointed.First of all after 5 hours of driving ,when we arrived at the hotel we found out that they didn't have double queen rooms anymore and the receptionist who was not very friendly tried to tell us that we booked for 2 people only even after showing her the confirmation papers! I asked if I get my money back if we go to a different hotel but she told us that the manager will not be available until next day but that we're welcome to go some where else.We finally got a roll away bed and settled in a too small of a room for the three of us.The hotel is nice but if you travel with family don't go there! also if you want to be close to the main street you will have a good 25 min. walk to the river front area.When we got home we discovered that my husband forgot a pair of expensive shoes in the room and although he called that evening, 24 hours after reporting the loss we still didn't get even a phone call to inform us one way or the other.I don't plan to stay there again .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Mansion on Forsyth Park. Please accept our sincere apology your experience was a disappointment and the service you received failed to meet your expectations. Please know these shortcomings have been shared with our front office team for immediate improvement. We do hope you all were able to enjoy your trip to Savannah.

Guest Experiences Specialist

Been to Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!