“YUMMY!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shrimp Factory

Shrimp Factory
313 E River St, Savannah, GA 31401-1221 (Downtown)
912-236-4229
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shrimp Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 772 Restaurants in Savannah
Transit: CAT, DOT and Free Downtown Trolley accessible
Tampa, Florida
“YUMMY!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My Shrimp Trio was excellent, especially the pepper shrimp (which are actually blackened). C's Pepperpot Stew, a house specialty, was bland. But his Artillery Punch was yummy and potent. The atmosphere is excellent, and they seated us and hour and a half before our reservation time when we just walked in. We would eat there again, just not order the stew.

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch as he had seen Crab Bisque on their posted menu board and bisque is one of his favorites. It was a Sunday about 12:30 p.m. and the restaurant was not crowded so we were seated right away. The server was gracious and took our drink order of ice water with lemon, and my husband ordered a glass of beer. She came back with that and took our order for the soup and sandwich combo. He had the bisque and I tried the gumbo which I usually like, plus the jumbo shrimp salad sandwich. The order arrived in very little time and was served nicely. The bisque resembled a chowder and was okay, and the gumbo was full of okra, celery and onion and very little sausage. The jumbo shrimp salad sandwiches were fully stuffed, but with tiny shrimp. Perhaps the jumbo referred to the size of the sandwich filling and not the size of the shrimp. If so, the adjective is in the wrong place. As a positive, the filling was quite tasty. The hostess came by to say hello and everyone was very friendly, but I think I will try a different spot for lunch next time.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aquone, NC
“More Factory than Shrimp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for appetizers and glasses of wine before taking in a play.

The wine was somewhat overpriced so we skipped it and went on to the appetizers - service was very slow and the food was only average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando
“Great place to eat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We made a reservation through Open Table for 7:15. We arrived a little early and ended up waiting at the bar for a table. This is for a group of 8. I noticed that my name was highlighted in red, so I figured there might be a problem. We did get seated at 7:40. This was about the only thing that went wrong. The server - I think was Malory - was great! She took drink orders and then dinner orders. She was attentive. The food arrived hot and delicious. The restaurant had slowed down by this point, so we were not rushed. A good place to go.

Later I received a message from Open Table that my reservation had been canceled by the restaurant. I am still not sure what happened there but all else was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Won't go back !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten here 2 other times and the food and service were great .
This visit was horrible.
We had to wait 10 min for a table, the restaurant was not busy and many tables had not been cleaned.
When seated we had to wait a while for a waiter . When we ordered I wanted the bisque and was told they were out , odd since it was only 2:30 in the afternoon
We were given muffins and butter and I mentioned we had no silverware and the only thing the waiter said was "oh"

Silverware finally came with lunch. My soup was very salty and the shrimp sandwich tasted like egg salad with small shrimp added.
My husband had the shrimp and grits, the grits were cold and rubbery.
Service was awful, never asked if we wanted a refill on our drinks. I asked for a takeout bag for my sandwich and never got one.
Had to be at least 10 tables not cleared and cleaned
Women's washroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time.
We will not be back.