“Great service, Great Food, Great Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 17 Hundred 90 Restaurant

17 Hundred 90 Restaurant
307 East President Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912 236 7122
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
17 Hundred 90 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 772 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Continental, Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: Named for the year it was constructed, 17Hundred90 provides a dining experience without equal in a historic city which prides itself in showering visitors in the unhurried luxury and service of times gone by. A living time capsule of America's earliest decades, 17Hundred90 captures the authentic flavor of an eighteenth century river port hotel and restaurant while working diligently to provide wonderful new memories for our guests.
Savannah, Georgia
“Great service, Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stumbled into this establishment on a Friday night, The restaurant was pretty busy,there was a 20 minute wait so we headed to the bar for a cocktail before dinner, The atmosphere there is just amazing, old brick everywhere, learned a little bit about the history from Patrick, the owner, we learned that it was also haunted. The bar was very busy, luckily there was an open spot on the comfortable couches they have nestled next to the fireplace. My Boyfriend went and ordered our drinks at the bar while I guarded the couch. Even though it was very busy it felt like we were nestled at home with the amazing fireplaces.

Once our table was ready, we sat down, Jason was our server. Told us about the specials, which sounded yummy. We ordered a bottle of Annabella Pinot Noir which came highly recommended from Jason. We started with the Fried Green Tomatoes, they were great with the balsamic reduction and the pepper jack cheese. The 1790 signature salad was wonderful with the raspberry vinaigrette, and the crab stew and the biscuits, talk about heaven, they were simply to die for. I ordered the Neptune Trio and my boyfriend ordered the Blackened New York Strip Steak with Bleu Cheese sauce. My boyfriends steak was cooked to perfection, and all three components of my dinner was delicious. The risotto and the mashed potatoes were good, however the Vegetables were ok. We were way to full for dessert. We sat and listened to the piano player, enjoyed the rest of our wine and ended our evening.

We would highly recommend the restaurant to everyone. Jason did a great job taking care of our every need. All in all its a beautiful spot and relax and have a nice dinner. The restaurant also is an Inn, I wish we could have looked at the rooms they had but they were all booked up. But the rates were very reasonable, I want to stay here next time we come back and visit Savannah, There is the most haunted room which is room 204, so i want to see what its like!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Charleston, South Carolina
“The Best I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I will never forget the taste of the New York Strip Steak, Caesar Salad, Crab Cakes and Wine!! 5 Star Service, I will definately be back!!

Visited November 2012
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Worst part of our trip to Savannah...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Gosh...where to begin? Were seated next to the front door that let in big blasts of cold air each time it was opened. Upon seating, were weren't told of the night's specials: We were informed of all of the things they had run out of. Seriously? On a Saturday night at 7:30pm, you're out of steaks, scallops and and cannot prepare any fried dishes because your fryer is broken? Our waiter was very nice and the poor guy was trying but the evening just went from bad to worse. We finally did place our orders and then we sat. And we sat. And we sat. And then we sat some more. Other patrons were arriving, ordering and eating and leaving and there we still were. We sat. After 90 minutes of sitting, our orders finally arrived. Stone cold and tasteless other than the blackened shrimp that was so salty it was inedible. It's bad enough to wait forever to be fed but even worse when what you receive is cold and not worth eating. The manager did come to our table and apologize for the long wait. We also expressed that the blackened shrimp was inedible because it was so salty. He implied that perhaps we just didn't know spicy food and that there was nothing wrong with the dish. I grew up in New Orleans. I know what blackened food is supposed to taste like and this ain't it. So after wasting two hours of our lives, we left frustrated and hungry. We stopped by Subway to grab a sandwich on the way back to our hotel. Should have done that to start with...

Visited February 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Quaint, with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

A nice basement space in an historic house, and part of a B&B/small hotel. Nothing exotic on the menu, but what they do they do very well with service to match.

Visited January 2013
Concord, North Carolina
“Dirty and old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went here on a Boos and Brews tour. The bar was very old and dingy. I ordered their Pineapple Upside Down Martini and it was so nasty. It tasted sour when it should have been sweet. The place had a real nasty fell to it. I went to the restroom and it was not clean either. The carpet on the floor was dusty like it had not been cleaned in years. The dining area looked poor also. I was thinking about eating here before our visited but I quickly changed my mind.
I ate here about 10 years ago when I lived in Savannah but it was not dirty back than and the food was just ok. So now after going back and seeing how dirty the place has got I would not recommend this place.

• Visited January 2013