“Decent Stay, Dated Facility” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #83 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Roanoke, Virginia
“Decent Stay, Dated Facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We hesitated to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but the price and location fit our needs. The hotel was clean, but it was obvious it has seen much traffic. It was easy to understand why as the place was packed with guests both nights we were there. The rooms were comfortable and the built in suite made it more comfortable for a family. The beds seemed new and were quite comfortable. We used the wireless quite a bit and had no problems. The breakfast was smaller then what is offered at a typical SpringHill Suites property and they ran out of hot items fast due to the number of guests. Although it could use some updating, we would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We encountered roaches at the elevator at check-in and they wait until schools dismiss for summer to paint the pool room. At least the morning desk clerk was nice enough to hand out water pistols. I really don't know what we were suppose to do with them though without a pool. Glad we left early for some quality family pool(less) time. At least you can escape across the street to Wal-Mart to let your kids run wild. They keep a deputy sheriff posted at the entry so relax in safety.

Room Tip: Run to any other hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We are sorry you were not pleased with your stay. We had to make some unexpected repairs in the pool area and regret that you were unable to have the use of our facilities, due to this the faciltty was left open and with all the evening summer thunderstorms we have in Georgia, it may have allowed some bugs into the pool area where the elevator is locatesd. We have resolved these issues.
Connie Hodges
Operations Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

As a Platinum member, I've stayed at dozens of Marriott properties over the years, and this was possibly the worst. They have some serious problems at this hotel.

I stayed in a 2 double studio room, with a pull-out sofa bed. The problems started when I attempted to open the sofa bed - I was the first to ever do so. The transport straps were still affixed and the plastic was on the mattress. It had never been opened before. I called down to front desk to ask for bedding, because none was in the room. I had checked in the closet, and there was none, and the closet door fell on me when I opened it - it wasn't on the tracks. I then tried to close the curtains - no luck. They wouldn't close.

The night shift at this hotel is worse then useless. After a long wait, the front desk night shift attendant arrived with my bedding. I told her the sofa bed had never been opened. She looked at the mattress in plastic and shrugged. She told me there should be a comforter in the closet. I told her there was none there, but I would like one (she never returned with one). I told her about the curtains. We both agreed that we didn't feel like dealing with the problem that night.

After a rough night's sleep, I attempted to take a shower. As I pulled up the drain stopper, I realized that the faucet was not attached to the wall, exposing bare plumbing. I then grabbed a wash cloth. Looking at it, I realized it was stained brown, with what I can only guess was someone else's fecal matter.

I could discuss breakfast, but it isn't even worth the effort.

I told the front desk attendant about the issues with my room when I checked out. She noted the issues, but I received not so much as an apology.

This hotel is a complete disgrace.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I apologize for our staffs lack of customer service (not following through with your complaints). We strive to go over and beyond our guests expectations and truely regret when we may fall short of this. I thank you for taking the time to inform management of the issues you had during your stay and they have all been addresses and corrected. I have used your comments as a opportunity to refresh (retrain) our staff on providing customer care.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place looked nice as we drove up. It is in a nice clean area of town. But it kind of went down hill from there. The room does not have enough outlets in the room for 2 people. I am glad that I did not have my entire family. The Internet only worked for 15 minutes of the entire stay. The bed was not comfortable. The air conditioner was noisy and it not seem to work well. The repairs done to the room were sloppy and unprofessional. The breakfast was unimpressive. I will not be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I am sorry that you did not like our breakfast nor teh design of our rooms. we are remodeling and are adding more outlets in the new design.
Kathleen, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The staff left us wanting. When we checked in, the clerk couldn't explain why there was a $300 hold on my credit card even though our rooms were prepaid. It wasn't just that she couldn't explain it, she had no clue and wasn't interested in trying to find out. The next day, my key didn't work in my room door and when I went to the front desk to get the problem fixed, the clerk was rude and short with me.

As for the room, it was okay. The bed was too soft for my liking, but I put that down to personal preference. The tub's spigot was loose, but worked.

All in all, the hotel would be okay if they replaced the staff with folks that enjoy working with the public.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the back of the hotel, away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback. We deeply regret the experience you had wtih staff service. We used your review as an opportunity for some additional training for our staff in customer service. We have taken action to improve our service at our hotel and thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.
Norfolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was the worst Springhill Suites I have ever stayed in!!! I was there for two nights and was nothing but issues. First I go to check in at front desk and clerk tells me that I didn't pay for room and disputes me like I'm lying. After I explained to her I booked directly through Marriott and was paid weeks ago. Then she gave some mediocre apology! Then later I found out my refrigerator wasn't working! The maintenance person tried to be very accommodating even though he didn't have any replacement refrigerators. He later explained that they would have to wait until someone checks out the next day to swamp refrigerators (which was very disturbing)! Staff was somewhat rude and to add icing on the cake it wasn't enough parking at hotel when it was supposedly sold out!! I visited the Springhill Suites in downtown Savannah and it was the type service I am used to in dealing with Marriott (which is great customer service)!This hotel needs an overhaul starting with the staff! I would recommend staying here until hotel is up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
dixonproperties, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We apologize for the problems that you had . we strive to give our guest the the best service and quality of standards that they would expect.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a convenient, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced property for which Mariott is noted. Heading North or South on I-95 this is a good stop when in the Savannah area and you are ready for a good nights rest and a reasonable inclusive breakfast the next morning.

The suites have all the necessary amenities: Microwave, wet bar, mini fridge, large screen flat TV, coffee maker and comfortable bedding. The room was quiet, check in and out was quick. Breakfast was fine, but it did not offer the self serve waffel maker.

We have never had a problem with any Marriott property and in fact seek these out when traveling.

Room Tip: These are inside rooms and the property has 3 floors. We stayed on the 1st floor. I can't...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for review.

Been to SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!