“Excellent from beginning to end” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Olde Pink House

The Olde Pink House
23 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401-2713 (Downtown)
(912) 232-4286
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Olde Pink House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 774 Restaurants in Savannah
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent from beginning to end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent 2 days in Savannah and tried the Olde Pink House as it was besides the amazing Planter's Inn. We had a more than excellent meal and Libby, our waitress was AMAZING. She gave us all the details we wanted and was very pleasant and smiley. The restaurant is beautiful too...all in all, we would go back anytime when in Savannah. It's a MUST go.

Atlanta, GA
“A few surprises.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked The Olde Pink House based on the rave reviews on here. On the outside it looks like a simple place, but inside there's the old historic charm that really fits in Savannah. I expected the food to be great, but was still really surprised by a few items that my wife and I ordered. I put a detailed, photo filled review on my photo sharing page here: http://www.pbase.com/jeffklee13/oldepinkhouse062413. This place is definitely worth trying.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Great experience in a historic restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We chose to go here because of Trip Adviser and we were not disappointed. One of the nice things is that there wasn't a dress code but everyone there was still dress appropriate for a nice dinner out. Our server was Donita, and she did a wonderful job. She presented all of the specials and was very attentive to our needs all evening. I started with the She Crab Soup and my wife had the BLT salad and both were wonderful. Then for the main course my wife had the Filet and I had the Swordfish special. I loved my meal and my wife liked hers but she did say it was a bit chard for being Med-Well. For dessert we shared the Chocolate layer cake and it was divine.

Overall, our experience was top notch and I would put them up with some of the finer places we have been around the country.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“They Had Me Till the Duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Yes, yes, a charming restaurant oozing with character, head over heels in love with service (200 front of the house staff) and a killer menu! Very unique dining rooms everywhere and we were encouraged to explore them all. Our server Jordan is a dimpled belle from Idaho,and excellent at her craft. Specifically though, there were some chinks in the armor of our visit. It is for tourists and is frequented mostly by tourists. Not a tourist trap, a restaurant tourist attraction with a heady ticket price. Our meals were different, and while the Jumbo Sea Scallops (succulent) along with our sides of collards greens with ham, pan-fried Tillamook Cheddar Grits and hot vegetable crepes were unique and very tasty, my Crispy Half Duck was yesterday's warm-up, stranded in the middle of a giant white dinner plate like a two-day-old deposit from a small Lab. (Hey, my wife's meal was overall first-rate). The Black Pepper Vinegar BBQ Glaze was a helpful and tasty component of which I received extra. Wines? By the glass $9-14. Bottles about $40 and up. No "house wine" so no economy alternative. We observed only one bottled wine on a table, perhaps an indication of overpricing. We had two glasses of red. Oh, we were seated in the ballroom upstairs, one, I believe, of ten dining rooms.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
cocoa
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went there after proposing to my fiancée. Had a great meal, we ordered way too much food but we wanted to try many things. The shrimp and grits were fantastic.

• Visited April 2013