“Just as good the second time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Olde Pink House

The Olde Pink House
23 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401-2713 (Downtown)
(912) 232-4286
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Olde Pink House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 786 Restaurants in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
“Just as good the second time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

A great old house and an excellent dinner. Service is great. We were here 6 years earlier and enjoyed the flounder. It was just as good this go round. Do not pass up the key lime pie.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Sooo disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I drove 300 miles + to celebrate my birthday at the Ole Pink House. We visited the restaurant last year, and the food was excellent. I do not know if the chef moved on, or if the restaurant is under new management, but the entire evening was a disappointment. I ordered salmon and mashed potatoes. Last year the mashed pototoes were creamy and delicious. This year they were stiff and pasty. The waiter was not personable. He did not ackowledge my birthday in any way, although we told him that we were celebrating another birthday. My husband ordered the green tomatoes as an appetizer, and they were not good. He also ordered the fried pork chop which as delicious. In fact, I help him to eat it because my dinner was so tragic. The salmon was extremely small considering the price charged. We had to ask for bread, and we were served cold biscuits. We asked for cornbread, but the waiter said they had run out of cornbread. Our reservation was for 6:00 and they open for dinner at 5:00. How do you run out of cornbread in an hour? The head waiter finally brought us some cornbread, but it was overly sweet and reminded you of a box mix. Needless to say, the entire evening was a disappointment. It will be some time, if ever that we will visit again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“great building for a restaurant, but inappropriate, disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had high hopes of this gorgeous-looking restaurant. I've rarely eaten in a more beautiful setting, and being English I appreciated the Union Jack flying over the front (in recognition of the house's debt to its colonial past).

However, the prevalence of fried food on the menu seemed grossly out of kilter with the pretensions of the restaurant and the prices charged. A more discerning menu is surely called for, but when you look at the vast number of covers being served, you realise that the menu needs to be quickly prepared and brought to the table. Hence the disparity.

My chicken pot pie was OK, but hardly outstanding. The pastry was soggy and the filling rather salty. My companion had an interesting fish, which had been fried in a sauce with a subtle coating. He was not that impressed.

Even the wines fell a little short of what we expected from such a promising looking restaurant. I won't be back and would encourage others to take a long, critical look at what's on offer.

Service was perfectly affable and engaging.

Pittsburgh
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was a great restaurant! We ate outside. I enjoyed my Flounder with grits and greens. It was very good! The service was wonderful as well! This is a great Southern restaurant! Check it out!

Visited June 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The service was slow and inattentive. We went during Restaurant Week and selected the pre fixe items on the menu. The fish was over cooked and bland. The sorbet was quite good.maybe an off nite, but nowhere near the stature of the Pink House of yore.