“Memorable experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Olde Pink House

The Olde Pink House
23 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401-2713 (Downtown)
(912) 232-4286
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Olde Pink House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 786 Restaurants in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Atlanta, Georgia
“Memorable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We took a dear friend here for lunch while we were spending a day in Savannah. It was her first visit to Savannah, so we chose The Olde Pink House to enjoy a delicious luncheon in a beautiful historic home and to provide her with a taste of the Old South. The architecture and history of the home make it a worthwhile choice . My husband and I had Shrimp & Grits - very tasty....not the best we've had, but fine. Our friend had Scallops, one of the specials that day- and she raved about them. We all loved the BLT salad (a signature item). Although we had made reservations, the hostess was a bit snippy; our server was polite and enthusiastic, but failed to keep water & tea glasses filled and took forever to bring my husband's request for a side dish. After enjoying lunch my friend and I explored the home - which guests are free to do. All staff members we encountered, other than the hostess, were most welcoming and cordial.. It was a memorable experience for our guest, which was our objective.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boca Raton, Florida
“Comfortable and good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I went for a drink and dinner at the bar. We ordered two white wines. Mine wasnt chilled and had to ask for ice. We ordered the crab cake and fried green tomato appetizer. It wasnt very good. The crab cale was dry and a very vinegar remoulade sauce on it. We didnt order dinner as we were disappointed in the cost and taste of our appetizer. We had met friendly staff and the ambience is beautiful but we pass on the food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Food, Amazing Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Title pretty much says it all. The food was incredibly good. We has the crab cakes and scallops and it was awesome. The atmosphere is really cool with rich history and a relaxing feel to it. My fiance and I LOVED it and we will be back every trip we make to Savannah.

Sydney
“Hit and Miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was pouring with rain the night my husband and I dined here. It was very, very busy. The waiter seemed a bit rushed off his feet. I had the oysters to start that had a watermelon salsa on top. I did not like this flavour combination; it did not work at all, the salsa was much too sweet and made the oyster taste funny. I had the chicken pot pie for my main, which was BIG and utterly delicious. The restaurant is in a lovely setting, and feels like you’re dining in someone’s dining room which I will remember more than the food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spring, Texas
“Great Flounder with Apricot Glaze”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I ordered the flounder and it was delicious. However my wife got the seafood alfredo and was disappointed. Would have liked to have her order something else so she could share her experience with me. Pricy, but an iconic Savannah restaurant that's worth it. Just don't get the seafood alfredo.

Visited June 2013