“Nice but noisy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Ellis Square

You added Inn at Ellis Square to your Saves list
Inn at Ellis Square
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   201 West Bay Street, Historic District, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #57 of 112 Hotels in Savannah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a great experience at this hotel! I was a little nervous from reading other reviews but after staying there, I decided the other reviewers were just being picky. This hotel is in a great location to River Street and the other squares. There is always something going on outside so yes you can hear outside noise but its Savannah where everyone is always out walking and having a good time so I would think thats normal for most hotels in the heart of Savannah. Didnt bother us any since we were enjoying this beautiful city with everyone else :) Our room was by the elevator and vending machines so there was noise in the hotel too but again, we didnt let it bother us since we werent in our room that much anyways. The free breakfast was great and the staff was constantly re-stocking everything. Front desk staff was friendly and changed our room to a king size instead of double beds, which Hotwire automatically booked us for. I could see where parking in the deck would be an issue if you decided to go in and out of the parking deck alot but if you are going to Savannah to enjoy the HD, park in the deck and dont get back in it until your vacation is over. Walk everywhere, you wont regret it! Overall we enjoyed this hotel and wouldnt hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The location of this hotel was wonderful! River Street was a block away and there was a brewery called Moon River that was AMAZING 2 blocks away. We stayed in a suite because it is easier for my 11 month old to sleep when the TV isn't on... :) The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The only down side was that the TVs in both rooms were almost unwatchably fuzzy. Don't bother with their breakfast though. The eggs were rubbery and watery, the food was eh and it was SO crowded!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was in Savannah for a conference and hotel.com recommended this hotel when the conference host hotel was overbooked. I arrived late Wednesday evening to a comfortable room and an instant internet connection. Both of these are important. However, I could hear something that sounded like the end cycle of a washing machine or someone beating on base drums. (I discovered it was the hotel laundry washing those scratchy towels clean.) When I returned on Friday from the second day of the conference, I saw a number of what appeared to be high school students congregating in my hallway. They were talking loudly as they waved beers and Jack Daniels. Their room doors were open to permit free access throughout the evening. I could hear “prom” a few times so hoped that they would soon leave and on a bus because most were in no shape to drive. I left early on Saturday for the last day of the conference but heard no one—checked out or passed out! Back to the hotel on Saturday to be greeted by a different group—a mob, literally—so congested in the hall that I had to ask some to move away from my room door so that I could enter. They were probably middle 20s. All were drinking and “talking” loudly. Long story short—yelling and screaming in the hallway continued ALL night as well as kicking my door. They wanted the room across from me. They must have occupied three or four room on my floor. I left at 5:30 AM for the airport to a quiet hallway. I wanted to yell ParTEE, ParTEE at the closed doors! Didn’t though but a temptation. Interestingly, the front desk failed to ask about my stay even though I had been a guest for four nights. I checked out this morning, 4/7/2013. Would I ever stay at the Inn again? Of course not. I am contacting hotel.com as well as writing to the conference organizers about the Inn.

Room Tip: If you are in Savannah to drink and be merry, the Inn seems the perfect place, and your room reserva...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in savannah, it was the most reasonably priced and it was a great location. The hotel has nothing special and breakfast was a madhouse with one waffle maker. Good value for the money.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Merchantville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Room key did not work 2 days in a row,toilet would not flush was stopped up,tv in sitting room did not work.All were addressed eventually except the tv. Never did work and was not addressed. Reported Kindle charger was left in room and have yet to hear from housekeeping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Inn at Ellis Square? Share your experiences!