“It is a Day's Hotel!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Ellis Square

You added Inn at Ellis Square to your Saves list
Inn at Ellis Square
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   201 West Bay Street, Historic District, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #61 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Hollywood, Florida
“It is a Day's Hotel!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of these reviews. It may look a little better in the lobby than most Day's Inn but that's about it. The room was clean. The bed was hard (some people may like this) but we didn't. My biggest complaint was at night when the night club next door was playing the music very loudly with the door open. When I called the front desk twice, the receptionist did not offer to help. She did give me the police non-emergency number (it was the wrong number). When I called back to make sure I had written it correctly she said that was the number they use but I could try another number (it was wrong too). We were able to drown out the music enough with the fan but I would not recommend this hotel. Luckily we only had to stay one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
INNATELLISSQUARE, General Manager at Inn at Ellis Square, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience with us on trip advisor. I apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced from the nearby night club. I'm sorry that my staff did not focus on relocating you to ensure a better night of rest. I have discussed your comments with the desk manager and we will clarify the correct procedures with our staff. I hope that we get an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Anthony Trice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
St. Augustine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My first stay at the Inn was beyond words. From the location which put everything at a comfortable walking distance to the top knotch reservation/front desk folks who were more than happy to help with all booking aspects of the stay, and actually appeared happy! The conscierge was the loveliest of lovely with her gorgeous hair and her gorgeous smile. Our room had a fabulous view and the accommodations were as I expected of such an historic building, clean, inviting space. The bar, what can I say about the bar. It is the jewel of the hotel, small, intimate and inviting. The bartender made sure Everyone was comfortable and happy. She definitely made the beginning of every evening the best appetizer we had. We have stayed again since this review and plan on many more stays.

Room Tip: If you are retired military let them know..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
INNATELLISSQUARE, General Manager at Inn at Ellis Square, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review of our property. I'm very happy that you have enjoyed every visit and I'm ecstatic that Jennifer at the bar has been a highlight in your stay. We are looking forward seeing you the next time.

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is simply a spectacular location, close to everything. This was a ladies getaway and we felt totally safe at the hotel. However be forewarned that hot means cold and cold means hot on some of the plumbing, the keys had to be reprogrammed twice within two days, a chair was broken and the bedside table lamps did not work. We complained about these items on the 5th and were told that it would be taken care of while we out for dinner, we came back late and nothing was taken care of, we wrote a list and left it with the desk clerk the morning of the 6th so it could be taken care of while we were out, again we returned and nothing had been done, we called down to the desk at 4 PM and were told someone would be right up. No show again, we returned to the hotel at 10:30 PM and discussed with Julie at the front desk what had occurred, lo and behold within 5 minutes everything was taken care. My suggestion to this hotel is to hire more Julie's, do a little maintenance and retrain your day staff. It is a nice hotel with great potential.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I'm so sorry for the inconveniences we caused you and the failure to take care of those issues right away. I have spoken with and thanked Julie for her excellent response to your needs and I will share your comments with all of my desk staff. We understand that we have a wonderful property and we want you to return. We will do everything possible to offer you a better stay the next time you visit us.

Jacksonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The location of the Inn cannot be beat. A block off River Street, next to the Market and almost everything we wanted to see was within walking distance. Self parking is also provided onsite which is quite convenient. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little on the run-down side, but our 2 room suite was very spacious, and provided both a mini fridge and a microwave. There was a second sink and counter area outside of the bathroom itself which was convenient. For some reason the makeup mirror was installed freakishly high in the bathroom. I'm 5 feet tall, but the mirror was at least a foot over my head! The picture on the television was not all that fabulous, but we didn't spend a lot of time lying around watching it. My sister in law and her husband also had bad reception, but when they called the front desk about it (this was after 11 at night mind you) a technician was sent up and replaced the tv with another one -- can't argue with that kind of service! While there are no bellmen, there are luggage carts that one can use to get your gear up to your room.

While yes, the toilet DOES run, the morning breakfast is pretty lame, and yes the rooms ARE a little shabby the good points make up for all of that. The location is absolutely perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel with Trip Advisor. It's good to hear that you were overall pleased with you stay, but I also appreciate your mention of some challenges you endured. I have sent you a private message to discuss details of your stay, so we can get those issues rectified.

Anthony Trice

Been to Inn at Ellis Square? Share your experiences!