“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The 1895 Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
The 1895 Inn
You added The 1895 Inn to your Saves list
126 East Oglethorpe Ave., Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #2 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Woodridge, Illinois
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

This is one of the finest B & B's we've ever stayed in! The breakfasts were gourmet in a beautiful setting. Ed was a superior host and offered many helpful suggestions to our daily plans. Comfortable, beautiful, impeccable service! Absolutely nothing could be improved! The warmth and friendliness of both Ed and his little dog, Rosco, truly made our stay memorable.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2006

My husband and I just returned from our anniversary stay at the 1895 Inn! Our stay at the Inn was fabulous! Ed and Bob are incredible hosts and definitely make you feel like you are in your own home. The rooms and decor of the entire house are beautiful, and the breakfasts are amazing! I would definitely recommend this Inn for anyone! You will not be disappointed!!!

• Liked — The owners Ed & Bob!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2006

We picked this place b/c it was rated #1 on this site and was only $5 more a night than the other places and it was the best place I have ever stayed.

Ed and Bob are the greatest. They give you recommendations for restuarants and what to see and do.
The formal breakfasts were better than the 5 star restaurants in NYC (and Ed shares the recipes for you to take home with you.)

The inn is centrally located and beautifully kept. The antiques and
artwork are better than a museum (I invited Ed to NYC to decorate my house for me.) The room was clean and comfortable.

Wine and cheese at 5PM every night is a really nice touch b/c you get to meet other guests and get ideas of what to do and where to go in the city.

The media room is great to relax in and the dessert left out at 8 PM makes it feel like home.

I rarely recommend places to my friends/family b/c we have such different tastes but I am telling them they HAVE to go here. I only wished I liked the city better so I would have a reason to stay here again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Plan to enjoy yourself immensely.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2006

I just returned from a wonderful stay at the 1895.

I dont know where to begin other than this place is one of THE best B&B experiences I have ever had!

From the Picasso in my bathroom to the wonderful breakfasts (I didn't eat lunch once while in Savannah!) this place is truly a gem!

The website doesn't do it justice, this place is gorgeous from top to bottom. The art work alone makes this place worth a visit.

Ed was truly an outstanding host and lucky me had the distinction of being the first single guest to be the ONLY guest for 3 straight nights. The place truly felt like home even more so!

I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I visit Savannah!

• Liked — Everything; the service, food, value, room etc all top notch.
  • Disliked — That it's currently for sale :(
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

My husband and I celebrated our second anniversary in Savannah and stayed three nights at The 1895 Inn. We could not have been more pleased - from the gracious hosts to the scrumptious food to the well-appointed home.

Owners Ed and Bob welcomed us into their home as if we were old friends and provided a true bed and breakfast experience. We had originally booked a room at The Ballastone Inn, but I saw that TA reviewers rated The 1895 Inn No. 1 and The Ballastone Inn, which is more expensive, No. 12. I quickly changed our reservation and am so happy I did.

The 1895 Inn will definitely be our home away from home whenever our travels take us to Savannah.

• Liked — By far, the food. The breakfasts were amazing.
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at The 1895 Inn.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
seymour, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

My daughters and I just returned from a weekend together in Savannah and chose the 1895 Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews. I echo the reviews of others, this is the best B&B experience I have had. I won't go into the breakfast, the rooms, etc. all excellent - just that Ed and Bob make one feel like family, they are entertaining, informative and fun. We made use of the media room each evening, watched a movie, talked, etc. and of course enjoyed the evening dessert. If one is going to Savannah, stay at the 1895 Inn, it will enhance and become part of the memories of your trip.

• Stayed September 2006
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

We spent 3 glorious nights in this B and B. We started in the Sommerfield and ended in the Sovereign. I accidentally booked the wrong nights and Bob and Ed let us stay in both rooms over our trip. Both rooms were exquisitely decorated, great linens and comfortable beds. Get ready to be pampered!! Bob and Ed prepare a glorious breakfast every morning, served promptly at 9, on a different set of china each day, they also have wine and cheese hour in the early evening and even put out an evening snack for you! This is the best place that we have ever stayed!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The 1895 Inn? Share your experiences!