“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Decatur, Georgia
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am currently living in savannah suites on Memorial Dr. And this place sucks. I have been here for going on 3 weeks, paying $237 a week for the crappiest service ever. The roaches are unbelievable. The door jams and walls are full of bug smears where people have killed roaches and have not bothered to clean the wall. Door jams full of roach crap. This place needs to be torn down. The rooms have a horrible odor and look like they have had water damage. The maids pick and choose whose rooms they come to and if your not on their list they don't come EVER. You have to ask for tissue and sheets even if you live here and the sheets are hot and DIRTY. Stained beyond recognition. Now I would think that with over 80-100 people staying here they would at least have decent sheets and tissue to give when you ask, but I guess that's to much to expect when you only paying $237 a week. I could pay a house note and go to Sam's and get tissue to last for a couple of months for what I pay here. The tv rolls and there are only a few channels that show. This place sucks. My children and I are only living here until we can do better. I feel sorry for folks that have to live here permanently. As for me and mine this is only a pit stop and I really mean PIT soon as I get myself together we ditching this flea bag. I forgot to mention they let you have pets here for $10 extra. This place is't fit for people already nd it smells like death and dogs. The floors are sticky and nasty. I wouldn't advise walking without shoes. Bottom line if you don't have anywhere to go still find somewhere else you are definitely not going to get what you are paying for. Not with a cent of what you pay. Then you complain to the front desk they don't care and look at you just that way to they never know anything about why no one has come to your room nor do they care. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN PERIOD. As I said before I wouldn't wish this place on anyone.

Room Tip: Never pick this hotel go to another hotel if you want a GOOD ROOM.
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have never been to a hotel like this in my life they dont have anything extra on hand no towels nor sheets nothing the staff was kind but the is a ran down whole in the wall got one room the sheets had cigarette stains we asked for more sheets they had none so they gave us another room this room was even worst hada empty condom rapper on the side of the bed as well as a old blood stain or spread makes no kind of since i have paid 45 dollars at other hotels and never have o ever seen nothing like this

• Stayed July 2014
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with savannah suites .the cleanliness issues that you experienced while you were here have been addressed with our housekeeping department . our goal is to provide a clean and safe environment for all our guest and we apologize for not meeting your expectations. we hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you again.
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Website looks great, but the room was simply disgusting. We paid $60 to sleep in someone's closet.

The room was dirty, the beds tiny, and the bathroom was atrocious. I don't know how the health department allows this place to stay open.

Do not waste your time or dignity.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay .We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced on your recent stay .the issues that you addressed the cleanliness of your room . our goal is to provide all our guest with clean and safe environment.
Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you on your next stay in savannah.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

You may as well go into the public restroom of your local mall and sleep on the floor. Don't waste your money. It's appalling that the owners think this is okay to rent out to people. I'm so scared to touch anything (so dirty) and I'm scared to walk outside. Straight up creeps and druggies. Stay far far away from here if you value your well being.

• Stayed May 2014
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced on your recent stay . We take guest feedback very seriously and use it as a way to improve our services.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

First of all, We arrived at about 9:30 pm had to call security to get into our room, (office closed) the when we finally get in there, of course i had to do my inspection only to fine *HAIR* in the beds a bug (silverfish) crawling in one of them. the air conditioner *DID NOT WORK*. The floors were filthy. the bathroom was kinda clean the floor needs repair badly. the location was okay (kinda scarey after dark). so, word of advice spend your money elsewhere...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracie M, General Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us . we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced on your recent stay, we have addressed the issues that you experienced with the necessary departments .Thank you for your patronage.
Lincolnton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This is the most trashy dump I've ever stayed in. People smoking weed outside the rooms. Booked 3 nights and after the first night we asked for a refund on the next 2 nights and they said no. At one point there were 3 adults smoking weed outside the room with a baby only a few months old with them. Stayed 3 nights and not once did we get towels,sheets or even get the room cleaned. I have never stayed anywhere this bad in my life. I will be calling a higher authority about this motel. It should be closed. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us . we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced on your stay with us . the issues you mentioned have been addressed with the necessary departments . thank you for your patronage.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The front desk clerk was very nice, but that is as far as it got. Walking to the room I saw a door with a hole in it and a bad job of repair. As soon as we walked in the room we thought about leaving. If we were staying more then just the night we would have. It looks like they have given up on the day guest market. They are only looking to house those that are homeless and reliant on a cheap hotel for lodging. It looked as though everything in the room came from a hotel liquidator. Even the bed should have been thrown out years ago. The carpet was worn with holes in it. There was a big hole in the bathroom door that was poorly repaired. The TV area was extremely dusty. There were cigarette burns all throughout the room and had a cigarette smell in the room. This was a non smoking room, but clearly the hotel has given up and no longer cares.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced on you stay with us.

Been to Savannah Suites? Share your experiences!