“If I had it to do over....” 2 of 5 stars

Savannah Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 West Montgomery Cross Rd., Savannah, GA 31406   |
Ranked #110 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Columbus, Georgia
“If I had it to do over....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I think I might have stayed in a worse place but I am not sure. While the front desk was nice enough to call the room to make sure I got settled in ok and if there was anything else I needed, I was afraid to walk barefoot. There were bugs.... Not a huge number but frankly any more than one is not pleasant. The bathroom was old. And it showed. With doors that open to the parking lot, one doesn't get a good night's sleep because it's kind of scary!

Room Tip: There are no hints to get a good room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thany you for reviewing your recent stay with savannah suites savannah we try to provide a clean and safe invironment for all of our guest we woud like you to give us another opportunity to be of service to you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sumterville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived late had to call someone to let us in our rooms. One room had no bedding the other room smelled so bad and was dirty. We tried to call someone to see if we could get other rooms. No one would answer the phone. We didn't stay. We left. We are still trying to get our money. I would not let my dog stay there. It's so gross.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for takeing the time to review your recent stay with us and we would like to apologise that your stay was not a pleasant one we are hopeful that your next visit will be enjoyable.
Opelika, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

When we pulled in, we immediately noticed the parollees hanging from the balconies. There was no reservation even though i had tried to make one twice. We got to our room and some gangster's Mercury was parked in front of the door, it had been there for two and a half months already. Our non-smoking room had three large burns through the blankets and several other tears besides those. The room stank. Mildew in the bathroom on the walls and in the shower. The linolium in the bathroom had been cut about two inches short, and i guess whomever installed it just decided "eh..." The exposed floorboards in the bathroom showed water damage the toilet barely worked and the floor throughout the hotel room was disguisting. We made our children wear their shoes at all times after the carpet turned my daughters feet black as asphalt. There were old blount wrappers on the floor next to the dead roach. The whole time we were there, no one brought us new towels, took out our trash, and we never could get a new coffee pot as ours was broken when we got there. "Worst day of my life, man..."

Room Tip: the best rooms are at other hotels.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us we would like to appologise that
your recent visit was not a plesant one. we have addressed the necesary departments to take care of the issues that you mentioned .to insure a plesant experince.
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Price isn't everything and what little money you may think you are saving by the low price of this hotel is not worth it. when my wife and I checked in to this hotel @ 9pm on thursday july 24, we had to call an after hours number to get a room key. The room was small and dirty and the air conditioner barely kept the room cool. When We returned to our room on friday after a long day out ,our room key did not work and once again had to call an after hours number to have it unlocked ! This place is horrible and I was disgusted by the whole experience.

Room Tip: Do not even consider this place
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with savannah suites savannah we would like to apologise fo any inconvience that you have experienced on your recent, stay with us ,and hope you will
give us another opportunity to be of service to you again.
Dayville, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We reserved this room on Orbitz and were horrified when we opened the door. It was nothing like the pictures in the brochure. There was nothing on the walls, one wall was red with the rest being whitish, the bedspread was in a ball on the bed, and soiled towels were in the small, dirty bathroom. A very old bureau and TV were the only other furniture in the room. The smell in the room was overpowering! Orbitz did get all my money back but I will not be using them or Expedia, who also has this nasty hotel on their site. This hotel does not even deserve a 1! I am sure this room was a pay by the hour room. Don't be fooled by their brochure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay we would like to apologise for your experince. our goal is to provide a plesant experience for all our guest .we hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you again.
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Apparently this place has no direct phone line because I went thru about 3 different numbers trying to make a reservation, including one that tried to stick on a NONrefundable $15 booking fee. After I read the reviews I tried to cancel the reservation. None of the numbers listed give you the option of canceling on their endless phone trees. I got the direct line number from one of the "customer no-service" people. When I called that number, a sleepy unhelpful voice said the computers are down but she can't cancel the reservation anyway. I need to go back to whoever made it for me !! According to my iphone call record, I wasted about 45 minutes of my life on this dreadful place. Holiday Inn here I come!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Tracie M, General Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We would like to appologise for your recent experience with your reservation. and if you would like to make any future reservations please feel free to contact us direct.
St. Marys, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Don't Go to this hotel unless you don’t care about your health & want to sleep with bugs. The room was not clean; the chair was covered in mold & under the table so we didn’t notice until days later – highly unsanitary. We were bitten severely by bugs that came out in the night. My daughter had to be taken to the emergency room due to the bites becoming infected. Now we have to pay a huge medical bill plus prescriptions andThe staff has an I don’t care attitude and try to claim there were no bugs & that their rooms are clean. See Pictures below. The maids give you one towel & one wash cloth for 2 people and those they give you are stained because they are not properly cleaned. The floors were sticky and their ad shows a full size refrigerator but instead you get a lop sided mini one that even when turned on high barely works. There is a bar next door that is very loud on weekends and other hotel patrons are loud & drunk so you get very little sleep. The place needs to be condemned.

We had to spend hours Washing our clothes over that had been washed before leaving even though most didn't even get worn in order not to bring these bugs into our home. The other things are still in the car hoping the care heat in the intense sun will kill anything that might have been brought back with us before we have to fumigate the vehicle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tracie M, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us .I would like to appologise for any inconvience that you experienced on your recent stay with us .
The necessary departments have been contacted and made aware of the issues that you addressed .We hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Been to Savannah Suites? Share your experiences!