“The worst hotel ever!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Savannah Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 West Montgomery Cross Rd., Savannah, GA 31406   |
Ranked #108 of 111 hotels in Savannah
Sumterville, Florida
“The worst hotel ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived late had to call someone to let us in our rooms. One room had no bedding the other room smelled so bad and was dirty. We tried to call someone to see if we could get other rooms. No one would answer the phone. We didn't stay. We left. We are still trying to get our money. I would not let my dog stay there. It's so gross.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for takeing the time to review your recent stay with us and we would like to apologise that your stay was not a pleasant one we are hopeful that your next visit will be enjoyable.

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Opelika, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

When we pulled in, we immediately noticed the parollees hanging from the balconies. There was no reservation even though i had tried to make one twice. We got to our room and some gangster's Mercury was parked in front of the door, it had been there for two and a half months already. Our non-smoking room had three large burns through the blankets and several other tears besides those. The room stank. Mildew in the bathroom on the walls and in the shower. The linolium in the bathroom had been cut about two inches short, and i guess whomever installed it just decided "eh..." The exposed floorboards in the bathroom showed water damage the toilet barely worked and the floor throughout the hotel room was disguisting. We made our children wear their shoes at all times after the carpet turned my daughters feet black as asphalt. There were old blount wrappers on the floor next to the dead roach. The whole time we were there, no one brought us new towels, took out our trash, and we never could get a new coffee pot as ours was broken when we got there. "Worst day of my life, man..."

Room Tip: the best rooms are at other hotels.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us we would like to appologise that
your recent visit was not a plesant one. we have addressed the necesary departments to take care of the issues that you mentioned .to insure a plesant experince.
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Price isn't everything and what little money you may think you are saving by the low price of this hotel is not worth it. when my wife and I checked in to this hotel @ 9pm on thursday july 24, we had to call an after hours number to get a room key. The room was small and dirty and the air conditioner barely kept the room cool. When We returned to our room on friday after a long day out ,our room key did not work and once again had to call an after hours number to have it unlocked ! This place is horrible and I was disgusted by the whole experience.

Room Tip: Do not even consider this place
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with savannah suites savannah we would like to apologise fo any inconvience that you have experienced on your recent, stay with us ,and hope you will
give us another opportunity to be of service to you again.
Dayville, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We reserved this room on Orbitz and were horrified when we opened the door. It was nothing like the pictures in the brochure. There was nothing on the walls, one wall was red with the rest being whitish, the bedspread was in a ball on the bed, and soiled towels were in the small, dirty bathroom. A very old bureau and TV were the only other furniture in the room. The smell in the room was overpowering! Orbitz did get all my money back but I will not be using them or Expedia, who also has this nasty hotel on their site. This hotel does not even deserve a 1! I am sure this room was a pay by the hour room. Don't be fooled by their brochure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracie M, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay we would like to apologise for your experince. our goal is to provide a plesant experience for all our guest .we hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you again.
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Apparently this place has no direct phone line because I went thru about 3 different numbers trying to make a reservation, including one that tried to stick on a NONrefundable $15 booking fee. After I read the reviews I tried to cancel the reservation. None of the numbers listed give you the option of canceling on their endless phone trees. I got the direct line number from one of the "customer no-service" people. When I called that number, a sleepy unhelpful voice said the computers are down but she can't cancel the reservation anyway. I need to go back to whoever made it for me !! According to my iphone call record, I wasted about 45 minutes of my life on this dreadful place. Holiday Inn here I come!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Tracie M, General Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We would like to appologise for your recent experience with your reservation. and if you would like to make any future reservations please feel free to contact us direct.
St. Marys, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Don't Go to this hotel unless you don’t care about your health & want to sleep with bugs. The room was not clean; the chair was covered in mold & under the table so we didn’t notice until days later – highly unsanitary. We were bitten severely by bugs that came out in the night. My daughter had to be taken to the emergency room due to the bites becoming infected. Now we have to pay a huge medical bill plus prescriptions andThe staff has an I don’t care attitude and try to claim there were no bugs & that their rooms are clean. See Pictures below. The maids give you one towel & one wash cloth for 2 people and those they give you are stained because they are not properly cleaned. The floors were sticky and their ad shows a full size refrigerator but instead you get a lop sided mini one that even when turned on high barely works. There is a bar next door that is very loud on weekends and other hotel patrons are loud & drunk so you get very little sleep. The place needs to be condemned.

We had to spend hours Washing our clothes over that had been washed before leaving even though most didn't even get worn in order not to bring these bugs into our home. The other things are still in the car hoping the care heat in the intense sun will kill anything that might have been brought back with us before we have to fumigate the vehicle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tracie M, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us .I would like to appologise for any inconvience that you experienced on your recent stay with us .
The necessary departments have been contacted and made aware of the issues that you addressed .We hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I really wasn't expecting much, but it blew away my expectations, even low as they were. First they gave me a room that was already occupied. When they found out they apologized and gave me a different room. There was a kitchenette but not so much as a closet rod. I had to hang my freshly-dry-cleaned pants off the bathroom door handle.

The shower was handicap accessible so it was more like a shower corner - with no shower curtain and barely anything to keep water from making puddles outside of the shower (which it did). The handheld shower head didn't even have a clip to put it in, so when I wasn't holding it I had to awkwardly hang it from the shower knob or safety rail (which also contributed to the puddles on the floor). The towels were tiny. Had I been a bigger person or had someone else been with me, the two "big" towels they gave me would not have been enough - especially since I had to mop up the floor to keep from slipping. And while everything was generally clean enough (I will say that the toilet and sink were quite clean), the towel I used on the puddles definitely came up dirty.

The room was sparse. The chest of drawers was tiny, so again, if there had been an additional occupant, it may not have sufficed. There was an overhead light but no additional lamps and no clock. The bed, of course, was uncomfortable, but I was expecting that. The furniture was not very nice but still functional. The A/C worked fine, though I will note that the A/C units in the rooms next to me kept making large puddles on the ground outside.

When I tried to go to sleep that night around midnight, I realized I couldn't, because there seemed to be an elephant dropping bowling balls on my ceiling well past 3:30 in the morning. And I'm not just talking about the standard muffled sounds of footsteps. It sounded like someone was beating the floor above me with a baseball bat. I tried to call the front desk but got the answering machine. I didn't want to confront the people above me for a number of reasons, which I won't go into here. So when 4 a.m. rolled around and the noise showed no signs of lessening, I decided to just leave. I had a long drive to make so I figured if I was going to be stuck awake I might as well make good time. As I was packing, I found a roach crawling on the table. I went to the office to turn in my keys and notify them of the noise and the roach, come to find out that the office is closed after hours. So I went back to just leave the keys in the room, but my keys didn't work. I'm so glad I got all my stuff out beforehand - due to the fact that I was now locked out of a room I'd paid for, and with absolutely no one at the front desk for who knows how long. (I think there might have been a number for emergencies by the office door but at this point I just wanted to leave so badly I didn't check - but still, what if I had left my phone in the room? I'd have been really screwed). I wedged the keys in the door and left.

The noise can't *necessarily* be faulted to the establishment, and in their defense, everything in my room, though perhaps not pretty, was still functional (The room doesn't look as nice as the pictures). However, the little things kept adding up, and though I was actually willing to just deal with most of it, all of that plus the fact that there was no one at the front desk to help me when I needed it (especially when I could have been locked out of my room) really upsets me. Please don't stay here, your hard-earned money will be wasted.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Savannah Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review . i would like to apologise for any inconvience that you experienced on your recent stay with us. I would really like to discuss your recent stay.

Been to Savannah Suites? Share your experiences!