“Loved the Hop On Hop Off” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Savannah Tours

Old Savannah Tours
250 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., 301 west Liberty St, Savannah, GA (Downtown)
800-517-9007
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #25 of 139 activities in Savannah
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We Bring Savannah's History To Life. As the oldest and largest Savannah owned and operated company we have been proudly serving visitors to Savannah since 1979. While on our tour you may see re-en-actors of Forrest Gump, Johnny Mercer or even founding father General James Oglethorpe. Come join us and let us Bring History To Life for you.
PORT CHARLOTTE
“Loved the Hop On Hop Off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The tour was good and the ability to hop on and hop off was great. We were able to do the 90 minute tour first and then choose which site we wanted to spend more time seeing. Plan on a whole day or you'll miss a lot of sites. The guides were good, sometimes a little hokey, but all in all good. Tina was good and so was MoJo. I can't remember some of the others, but they were all full of good information. They could can the so-called 'humor' because none of them were very funny. I did learn a lot about Savannah, though and wished I could have spent another day there. This company could be a little faster at picking up at the stops as we waited and saw two of the orange trolleys go by before one of ours came around.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to get started!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

On my recent trip to Savannah the hotel staff suggested I book an "on-off" tour with the Old Savannah Tours. They couldn't have been a nicer and more helpful tour company. First they were so accomadating they even picked me up at my hotel and drove me to the Headquarters in the city. Once there I was greeted by Emory and he showed me the way to the trolley. Our guide, Tammy, was outstanding! She was informative, humorous and very knowledgable of the city and it's history. She took her time and pointed out many landmarks that later I returned to on foot to spend more time. At one point "Forrest Gump" actually hopped on the trolley and took a seat next to me, what fun :0)! After the tour I was graciously transported back to my hotel by Levonne who was also very friendly and made sure he returned all of us back safely to where we began. This tour company knows what they are doing and do it well. There are other companies available but I don't think you will do any better than Old Savannah Tours! Ask for Tammy and I and I can guarantee it!!!

Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We did the 90 minute Historical Overview tour and it was fantastic. This tour would be great yo do on you first day to get familiar with the city. The tout guide was great and the shuttle to the hotels made it very convenient. I would definitely take this tour again.

Charlotte, NC
4 attraction reviews
“Mixed review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently took the on and off tour. We initially stayed on for the entire tour. Mojo was our guide and he did a great job as our guide. This part of the tour would deserve a 5 rating. Unfortunately, we decided to ride again and get off and explore on our own for awhile. We were going to get back on at stop #15 when we were finished. We waited for about 25 minutes for a trolley. During this time there were three orange trolleys and two blue trolleys that picked up at the same location. Finally a white one showed up, and guess what..... it was full. We decided to walk back to the parking lot instead of waiting any longer for another one to come. This part of the tour would deserve a 0 rating. This left a bad taste in our mouth. Seemed like one of the other companies would be better equipped for you to truly get on and off.

North Central Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Best tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Covered just the right amount of the town for an overview. Driver good. Open windows. Too many stops.