“A Unique & Trendy Evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SOHO South Cafe

SOHO South Cafe
12 W Liberty St, Savannah, GA 31401-3906 (Downtown)
+1 912-233-1633
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
SOHO South Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 774 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Downtown
“A Unique & Trendy Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

Soho is one of those restaurants that catch you by surprise. Located in an old industrial building of moderate size that likely housed a car repair garage, Soho provides you an unexpectedly comfortable dining experience in a large open space that featured beautiful Christmas holiday decorations that added much warmth and charm.

Before dinner drinks were taken in the bar area that was manned by a friendly, gracious and skilled
Bartender. The drinks were moderately priced, delicious, and served with verve! A really great start to a great meal.

The menu I offerings were varied and moderately priced. Everyone in our party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed their meals and there was not one complaint or negative reaction to anything. The server was superb and showed us the proper amount of attention without being overly so.

All in all a very fun evening in a unique venue. I highly recommend you dine at Soho and enjoy the unique and trendy experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
“Hidden Jem-Shabby Chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

This restaurant totally blew me away, from the moment we opened the doors. Had a bit of a hard time finding it, as I had no idea what I was looking for...recommended by a chef friend of mine. It looks like it was an old automobile repair shop, turned into a FAB restaurant. The lobby is small, with a cute bookshelf and eclectic chair, and check-in desk. The restaurant is very open, felt like a cafe in Central Park. Unique wall decorations, amazing bar chairs and area made it feel like a one-of-a-kid atmosphere! No table is the same, no chair matches the next. The wall of doors/shutters and window frames sold the ambiance!! As for the food-lives up to the decor! AMAZING!!!! Chicken salad sandwich ranks up there with the best we have ever had-my friend is a chix salad snob (in a very good way, she gave it a 9 outta 10). I love tomato bisque soup, and theirs ranks up there with the best, along with the pimento grilled cheese sandwich! Drinks are top-notch. Only downfall of this restaurant are the hours-I believe the bartender said there were only open 2 nights a week, and they are primarily a lunch only restaurant!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“For THAT Price!-No”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I, all of whom live in Savannah, ate here before an event near the resturant. I ordered the duck. I received 2, tiny bites of duck in a huge bowl of undercooked dried beans. $25. My friend had the vegitarian pot pie. It turned out to be puréed vegies under a pie crust. Very geriatric in nature. Won't be back. The new version of this place is a disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“SoHo was a mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

I loved the atmosphere and vibe of this restaurant. It came highly recommended by a local. Chicken panini and chicken salad sandwich was good but the Andalusia rice salad and the cole slaw had not flavor. Total misses. On remarking to the waitress and not eating my lunch, she graciously took off 10% from the bill. Thinking the full price of the uneaten entree should have been take off, but wasn't.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“Best Tomato Cream in Savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

We have been at the SOHO South Cafe twice, for brunch and lunch on Sunday. The decoration is is modern and tasteful. The place is spacious, and the setting, which is open, has a good "flow" that lets you see that in fact other customers are having a good time too. Been there feels just right.

Somebody suggested us having the omelette for brunch, which we did. Unfortunately that turned out to be a bad choice because the omelette we were served was quite ordinary (mine are much better). Also, the coffee was not that good, but that is sadly common in Savannah. I am about to conclude that Savannah will not take a place in culinary history because of its coffee. But maybe the tomato cream will. It was one of the best creams/soups I have had in Savannah thus far, and if I return to SOHO Soup, I mean, SOHO South, I will order that cream again.

• Visited November 2014