“Hilton Garden Inn - Savannah” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% Book Early
Ranked #13 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Wharton, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn - Savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Quaint - nicely decorated. Located near many amenities. Don't stay on the first floor near lobby - very noisy. No free breakfast. Internet service not the best. Coffee service is 24 hrs. AC units in room can be noisy and curtain are in the way of the air vents so they move around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
new palestine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

the hotel met all expectations. clean, great staff and good bar food for evening snack. pick up from airport was great for after hours, since rental car office was closed. room was clean, quiet and comfortable

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Right off I95 this hotel was our overnight stay from NJ to Florida. The front desk staff is by far the best we have ever come across! The bar area was nice, with happy hour prices, and domestic beer included craft beers! The kids enjoyed the pool and the room was sparking clean, and the beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Well worth every dime we paid. This is our second experience with Hilton Garden, the first in Maryland on a previous trip. We now look for Hilton Garden hotels when needing to stay in a hotel. Great job Hilton Gardens!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Holland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked this room around 2 months in advance for a road trip my family took to Florida. In order to minimize the attacks on our sanity (road trip + 2 kids = you will lose your marbles...a few times) we cut up our trip in to 6(ish) hour stops. So, we drove the 6+ hours from Knoxville to the Hilton Garden Inn (Savannah Airport). By the time we got there it was after 5pm and the whole clan was EXHAUSTED. I was pleased that the hotel was conveniently located right off of the highway, so we didn't have any problems finding it. The check-in staff was nice, told us about a few of the amenities (mainly the pantry and the bar), and we lugged our stuff up to the room. The room was...a hotel room...clean enough, the beds were...hotel beds, comfortable enough. I was happy that there was a mini fridge and microwave (my son is on a diet for medical reasons so it was just easier to bring our own food along). After feeding the kiddos dinner we explored the area, did a little mini golfing then got back around 8pm. By that time everyone was ready to crash, I asked the front desk for a crib and they politely obliged (the guest relations guy who dropped it off to our room was really sweet and even found some extra padding to lay in the bottom since those pack 'n' play style beds are REALLY hard). This is where the story turns horrible: I got both the kids down to bed and my husband and I settled into ours....and then I noticed the noise.....the loud mechanical/switching hum/buzz/whirring that kept repeating between every 3-9 minutes...it VIBRATED our room. My oldest, luckily, is a heavy sleeper...however, myself and my youngest don't do well with noises/shaking. I don't think I slept more than 1/2 hour the whole night (not good since we had to do the last leg of our trip the next day, which meant in the car driving/navigating for 5/6 hours), my daughter woke up SCREAMING at 3am because the room shook so hard and never went back to sleep. We packed up our things at 8am (figured we'd let the oldest sleep, otherwise we would have left a LOT earlier), and checked out. I mentioned something at checkout (after seeing the signs plastered all around about "we're not happy if you're not happy", advertising that you will get your money back if you're not 100% satisfied with your stay), the lady was very sweet/apologetic, she said that the room is next to mechanical equipment for the elevators (lets pause here: why the HECK do they 1) even rent out that room....why not make it storage??? 2) I made my reservation WAY in advance, and you have to fill out how many adults/children are staying AND their ages....why would you put parents with kids in that room??). HOWEVER, she told me since I had made the reservation through a 3rd party (I think it was hotels.com) they can't do anything about adjusting the price...this, to me, is complete bunk! If a hotel has a guarantee, they should stick by it, they're still making money off of me staying there. She tried to rectify the situation and offered for us to stay another night, but we were on a pretty tight itinerary and this didn't work for us. Instead she comped us a meal at their "restaurant", toting that it was a "$40 value"...I agreed to this thinking, "well, at least we won't have to worry about breakfast"....we finished packing up the car, I bawled in the parking lot out of shear frustration/exhaustion and we went in to eat. I appreciate the fact that the lady tried to do something...but this "$40 meal" was a glorified continental breakfast (something we had gotten FREE at the hotel we stayed in Knoxville)....the only thing they had really different is the eggs were "made to order". Had I actually paid that $40 out of pocket I would have been LIVID. I really really wanted to like this place: good location, nice-enough staff, decent beds....but when my sole purpose in getting a hotel room is so we can get a break and all have a good night sleep....and I'm to the point of breaking down crying the next morning (and ready to turn around and go home) because I didn't get sleep due to being put in a room next to an elevator motor, to me, that's a HUGE failure on the part of the hotel.

Room Tip: If they try to stick you in room 220, ask for another
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us! We would love to speak with you personally about your stay, so I would welcome you contacting the hotel directly so that we can make things right. We know that you have many choices in lodging and we always strive to make every guest feel at home, and we did not with you. I am genuinely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay,and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to make things right. Sincerely, Jennifer Kovacs, General Manager
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything was great, but breakfast is not included, although is only $5 for two people if you add it to your room fee. You would think that such a high level hotel like Hilton would give complimentary breakfast, although a made-to-eat breakfast is nice to have. If the kitchen is overloaded, expect to wait a while on your food. The cooks not only cook, but also take orders (30 minutes for 2 orders of french toast and scrambled eggs).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Las Cruces, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at a handfull of hotels while visiting Georgia and this one unexpectedly was my favorite. It was not next to Savanna's historical district, but it definetly had its charm. The service was good as well as the room was very nice. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were pretty quite. The coffee in the room was nice as well as the shower. The price was great!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just about a mile from the Savannah airport, situation along with every low-to-mid end chain you can imagine is the HGI Savannah Airport. It's a very solid property with everything you expect from an HGI. The rooms are nice and large and I thought the bed was more comfortable than other HGIs I have stayed at lately. There was excellent water pressure and I also used the business center, which was up to HGI standards. I would book this hotel again without reservation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!