“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Cincinnati, OH
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport. I'd been a bit concerned that my sleep would be disrupted by planes but I didn't even hear one plane. The hotel was fresh and clean and seemed fairly new. I thought the room was comfortably appointed and the price was a real value for this hotel. My only disappointment was that a lightbulb was missing from a lamp in the room but maintence fixed that for us. Although this facility was about 15 minutes from the historic area, it was a great price and was near the expressway and lots of restaurants and stores.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Bdbpr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable. It is also nice to hear that maintenance was able to handle your light bulb issue. We look forward to meeting your lodging needs in the future.

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I was feeling quite ill when I checked in (bad case of food poisoning I think) and the young lady at the front desk was most attentive & concerned. The room was quiet & comfortable. There were many hotel choices in the area but I will definitely return to this one on my next visit.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear SCTraveler5508,

Thanks for the kind comments about your stay. It is always nice to have someone who cares about you when you are away from home. We are really looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you are traveling on I 95 near Savannah or near the airport and simply need a place of convenence, this would be a perfect choice. We found the Hilton Garden Inn pretty comfortable and especially liked having a 1/2 bathroom as well as a very large 2nd bathroom off our bedroom. The kitchen area was enough for a night or two stay. Not a full kitchen. Meals are offered as they have a small dining room. Breakfast will cost $9.95 unless you are on a special offer. We thought the king bed was going to be rather comfortable until we laid on it for a few minutes and sank into the middle. It's an adjustable bed and we adjusted as far as it would go with no success. I ended up on the couch and my husband toughed it out. The bed was a definite negative. We were told at the desk we should have called them, but at 10:30 pm we just wanted to sleep. Adjustable bed?? Not so much for us. Hotel for the most part met our needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear eeg3,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the suite. I would like to apologize about the issue you experienced with the bed. This is certainly not typical for our hotel and I will be sure to discuss it further with the Chief Engineer. If you decide to stay with us in the future, please call prior to your trip and we will double check the bed on the day of your arrival. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out this review and we hope to see you down the road.

Kingston, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My first impression of the hotel was excellent because they sent the shuttle bus to bring me from the airport at 10:45p.m.
My luggage was delayed, so in the morning the bus took me to Walmart about 3 miles away, and brought me back again.
I loved having the always hot and fresh decaff. coffee in the lobby, day and night. Thank you!
I appreciated the fresh home baked cookies available in the evenings.
Everything was very clean, and the staff particularly friendly and attentive.
Breakfast was first class.

Room Tip: Room 148 is quiet, at the end of a corridor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Marjory M,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle service and friendly staff. We do have coffee available at all hours and cookies in the evenings. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out this review and we hope to see you down the road.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight prior to a trip to the Savannah historical district. Great beds and shuttle from the airport which is available until midnight Would definitely stay again $25 taxi drive to the historical area. Breakfast is not included which is normally standard for these types of hotels.
Great service and hospitality from the staff.

Stayed October 2012
Dear Kyhoosier,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to utilize the complimentary shuttle service. We do charge for our cooked to order breakfast, but it is a higher quality than any hotel that offers a complimentary breakfast. There are rates that include breakfast online at a discount. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out this review and we hope to see you down the road.

Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at Hilton Garden Inn near the airport for one night. Very nice property with sleep number beds, large room. Very well kept, nice, quiet and clean. Only problems were the toilet got clogged and we had to call for maintenance at 10 pm to fix it. Shower got stuck on very hot and we had a tough time turning water off at all. The shower head was great.

We ate at Sam Sneads, two one half pound burgers. Very good but large. They mixed up our hamburger patties, but we figured it out and switched them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Larua99,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with other visitors to the Trip Advisor site. I apologize about the maintenance issues you encountered and will be sure to bring them to my team’s attention. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the beds and the size of the room. Thanks again for your comments and your business.

Tommy Beyer
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had an excellent time at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was very friendly and the beds were ridiculously comfortable. I fell asleep almost instantly once I cuddled up with the soft pillows. The room was clean and offered a host of different amenities including wired internet. The only thing missing was fresh baked chocolate chip cookies... that would have been amazing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hi Lia N,

Thanks for the nice review. We always enjoy hearing from our satisfied guests. I will speak to the Food and Beverage Director regarding finding a way to keep the cookies warm during the evening. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Tommy Beyer (and Team)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!