“Serving leftovers and doing it poorly” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #544 of 772 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Greek
Waunakee, Wisconsin
“Serving leftovers and doing it poorly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped by the Savannah Mall location for lunch on Monday. The cashier sold me on the Super Gyro. When I received it I opened the gyro and saw bits of overcooked, dried-out left-over meat with bits of lettuce that looked like they came from the bottom of the bag (you know the kind that you throw away.) There was none of the cucumber sauce so I asked for some. The cashier SOLD me a side of sauce. I went to the table and tried a bite, and then a little second bite just to be fair. It was garbage. I returned to the cashier and said it was terrible. She pointed to a garbage bin and said to throw it away. I then returned and she just stared at me. I asked for my money back and a series of three employees came up to me one at a time and made rude comments to me. Either the employees are just not trained at all, or the owners don't care about the food they serve or their customers.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I was at savannah gyro the other day and it was bye far the best greek food i have eaten everything was so fresh and full of flavor the staff was very helpful with what they thought was good and it was made fast i will def be going back and think any one who want the best tasting great food should cheak it out

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
“Yucky and slow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

After waiting for the one person working to make a Philly steak sandwich and fries for the person in front of me, finally I was waited on. Order a gyro classic. Two bites and it was the worse crap I have put in my mouth in a long time. The "z" sauce was flat and tasteless. No tomatoes. The meat was over cooked, warm chips. I shared with them that the meat and/or sauce may have gone bad. I eat gyros on a weekly basis in my home town, I know what a good gyro should taste like. The woman apologized but did not offer to refund for the food I was returning and clearly not eating. This was just awfull - food and service. I bet I Have stomached cramps within the hour.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee
“authenic Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

excellent food and service. If you like Greek food, this is the place to go - location on the riverfront is an added plus.

Visited December 2011